450hp & 700 ftlbs?

I hit 466/772 with STOCK EVERYTHING, just a race file from Eric on an SCT x-cal 2. Is it right? No way, but it shut up a few of the dodge and chevy guys I was dynoing against. I'm positive its not even possible on the stock fuel system, but hey its what I put down. This was 100% bone stock exhaust too. Truck in sig...

I hit 466/772 with STOCK EVERYTHING, just a race file from Eric on an SCT x-cal 2. Is it right? No way, but it shut up a few of the dodge and chevy guys I was dynoing against. I'm positive its not even possible on the stock fuel system, but hey its what I put down. This was 100% bone stock exhaust too. Truck in sig...

It takes some $ and definitely injectors and turbo to break 500 on #2, just no way around it without spray. Great dyno #'s, but I was curious if it was a shift spike. It should not shift on a pull, if it does.........well it goes in the trash. After talking to Mike(Dunbars), he said to run it up to 72-75mph and ease into it and it shouldn't shift. I got to try it myself on a different dyno and it worked great.

I just put down 414hp/708 on sat, was hoping for 450. Went to limp mode after the first run, icp would not go over 1800 psi:bang
03 6.0 egr delete,arp,fuel systeam,64mm vvt,very mild injecters, erics exstreet

It takes some $ and definitely injectors and turbo to break 500 on #2, just no way around it without spray. Great dyno #'s, but I was curious if it was a shift spike. It should not shift on a pull, if it does.........well it goes in the trash. After talking to Mike(Dunbars), he said to run it up to 72-75mph and ease into it and it shouldn't shift. I got to try it myself on a different dyno and it worked great.

Agreed on all accounts. Definitely not a shift spike, I was driving the truck myself. The #'s are great, but you and I both know they're not right.

I've been meaning to dyno again. I missed the chance to do this over memorial weekend because the truck was in the shop for a problem I've been having for months. I can't wait to dyno again. These auto's make it hard to build good boost on the dyno without downshifting like a manual or the lock out found on the auto allisons.

The thing about this dyno run was the dodge and chevy guys were complaining their numbers were low, and when I and the other 6.0 dynoed stock tuning, we put down 270hp at the wheels, which seems dead on. I'm still convinced the 466 is wrong though... unless I have a FREAK truck. The other 6.0 (an 04 truck) was running a bullydog triple downloader and he put down 430's, which I dont believe either.

Once I get the truck back... EGR cooler coming off and...:nos: going on...

BTW those are some killer numbers. Everybody says 03 for the big numbers, but every freaky 6.0 I've seen has been an 04.
03 and early 04 have the same motor, mid year 04's changed to the 05 style motor.

I made 581 and 999 on 190's beans turbo, and a small shot of nitrous on Dunbars.

I've made 496 with setup in sig on Jefferson State Diesel's dyno.

Studs, RCD 190 sticks, Stock turbo, Innovative tunes(STILL not rewritten for sticks Cmon Eric)

I should have my new tunes in the next couple days and be breaking 500 on Saturday.

Even though 500 is achievable on just injectors (and supporting mods like studs) It still needs a turbo if you plan on doin a ton of towing with it imho. But I have not had any issue so far with temps or anything else for that matter.

Agreed on all accounts. Definitely not a shift spike, I was driving the truck myself. The #'s are great, but you and I both know they're not right.

I've been meaning to dyno again. I missed the chance to do this over memorial weekend because the truck was in the shop for a problem I've been having for months. I can't wait to dyno again. These auto's make it hard to build good boost on the dyno without downshifting like a manual or the lock out found on the auto allisons.

The thing about this dyno run was the dodge and chevy guys were complaining their numbers were low, and when I and the other 6.0 dynoed stock tuning, we put down 270hp at the wheels, which seems dead on. I'm still convinced the 466 is wrong though... unless I have a FREAK truck. The other 6.0 (an 04 truck) was running a bullydog triple downloader and he put down 430's, which I dont believe either.

Once I get the truck back... EGR cooler coming off and...:nos: going on...

That is great that it did that without a shift spike. Numbers might be a little high, but I would have to say you musta got one of the "freaks". I don't think we have as much trouble spooling on a dyno with the VGT as opposed to non-vgt engines, so maybe that is what the Chevy and Dodge guys were seeing?

That is great that it did that without a shift spike. Numbers might be a little high, but I would have to say you musta got one of the "freaks". I don't think we have as much trouble spooling on a dyno with the VGT as opposed to non-vgt engines, so maybe that is what the Chevy and Dodge guys were seeing?

If it is actually at those numbers then that is awesome, but I just dont believe it. I think most of it was the dyno operator error, but I dont want to say anything bad about the shop, they invited all of us diesel guys out to black out his entire garage and it was a blast.

I never thought about the VGT aspect of it. I did have one run that downshifted, and I let off immediately, so it was definitely not downshifting for those runs.

I definitely want to get it done again though.

03 and early 04 have the same motor, mid year 04's changed to the 05 style motor.

I made 581 and 999 on 190's beans turbo, and a small shot of nitrous on Dunbars.

What's different about the motors? I knew the turbos were different in 03, 04, and then 05 again. What's the "05 style" motor?

Very early 03's, 03.25's had c-94 injectors after I think June they swithced to c-95's. The HP oil systems changed several times pumps 3 times and rails twice, and the 04.5 and up front covers and rocker boxes are different. Ficm's changed in 04.5 also.

Very early 03's, 03.25's had c-94 injectors after I think June they swithced to c-95's. The HP oil systems changed several times pumps 3 times and rails twice, and the 04.5 and up front covers and rocker boxes are different. Ficm's changed in 04.5 also.

But any year FICM will work on any truck correct?

My cousin's '03 with a build date of march '03 has C95's and my spare engine with a build date of feb.'03 has C95's. The engine in my truck has a build date of july '03 and also has C95's. So not sure when they actually switched injectors.

My cousin's '03 with a build date of march '03 has C95's and my spare engine with a build date of feb.'03 has C95's. The engine in my truck has a build date of july '03 and also has C95's. So not sure when they actually switched injectors.

Perhaps they're not the original injectors? Maybe replaced under warranty at some point?

Thats what I was thinking when I read that. I am not 100% sure when they changed them out. I think mine is a July 16 build, and it has c-95's

Thank ya for the correction. I knew I remembered hearing Douggie say something along those lines but I couldn't remember exactly what.

so, I'm heading down this same path now. haha From reading through a couple different threads, I should be able to get over 400hp on stock turbo and injectors correct (my truck is an 03)? Do I need an upgraded pump?

If I take it one step further and go with a 62mm turbo and some spray, what injectors should I get? I was reading 170s. Could a 62mm be used on the stock injectors?

400-450hp is my goal on stock turbo/injectors. I think it would make for some fun times. After that, I want to either spray on the stock turbo or get a 62mm and no spray.