image.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 0
Low/reverse band is chipped a little

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 0
Now here is where the real problems start
O/d brake clutch. The first friction is the only one with any grip. It is also the only one that doesn't have black teeth

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 0
O/d direct clutch and hub. Notice how the further down they were the worse they look. Left was on the top

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 0
The bearing that was under the spring came apart

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 0
I think this is called the planetary. Seems in good shape other than burnt black

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 0
The sprag is kind of thundered and lots of metal in the case

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 0
The sprag and whatever the thing it sits on is called. It looks like it is all black except where recessed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 0
Under that it looks good. The bearing under the sprag looks good. There has clearly been a lot of heat back there. The only thing I can think of that I did that may have caused this is didn't measure for the piston spacer and just put the stock one back in as I didn't have any other ones. Ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 0
You have a lube problem. Most likely the intermediate shaft has an obstruction.

Other thing that would cause the OD bearing to come apart is being installed wrong, only sets in there one way.

Last edited:
I think I just figured something out. I had put that bearing directly under the spring. Looks like it goes between the sun gear plate and the planetary?

The intermediate shaft is clear. How do I check the case passage? And also could the metal plugging the filter have caused that?

How did your lockup feel before the transmission went down? You may have been slipping with that seal torn. Also try rocking your planetary gears to check for side to side movement, slight up and down is ok. I would also check your overdrive sun gear for pitting. Good luck!

Lockup felt good. The sun gear and planet won't come apart because there was no bearing between them and there is now a burr all the way around the outside where they come together. Assuming one on the inside too