47re Help

murphy41

Ok, I put a new tps and shift solenoid. Now it will shift into drive and shift 1-2 but soon as it hits 2k in 2nd gear it just slips and goes vroom! It was supposedly built but I'm second guessing it? This is a manual to auto conversion. Think its a valve body issue?

Did you put an auto trans computer in the truck as part of your swap? Overrunning clutch possibly in backwards?

Yes I did put a 97 auto ecm in, I think the clutches are fried? Ive got another built valve body I'm gonna try. But it goes into gear nice and firm. Oh and it shifts 1-2. Like 1000 rpms? ?

Overrunning clutch possibly in backwards?

Pretty hard to do that considering that the outer race is pressed into the case. 1st gear wouldn't work either.

With the severe lack of information, I'm going to say burnt direct clutches or a valve body problem.

Pretty hard to do that considering that the outer race is pressed into the case. 1st gear wouldn't work either.

With the severe lack of information, I'm going to say burnt direct clutches or a valve body problem.

I'm new to autos, sorry about the severe lack of information. Maybe if you guys with experience could ask me questions on what it's doing? I can't really even drive the truck to give more information. All I know is if I put it in drive it shifts from 1rst to 2second really fast, at like 1000rpm and then right at 2k in 2second gear it revvs to the moon?

Does the exact same thing, before the new shift solenoid and tps trans wouldn't do a damn thing, now it will at least shift into drive and try to move