47RE Manual OD Switch

jessmeistertc

Pro Driver
Long story short, my truck hangs the 3-4 shift under WOT at the drag strip. Searched and there is no adjustment for this. Heard that i can run a switch to the OD solenoid and make it shift when I want it to. Question is how and what wires do I hook the switch to?

Jesse

On my 47rh tranny, there is a 3-prong flat connector that control OD and TQ lock-up. The center wire is the positive power lead to both solenoids, the rear wire is to TQ lockup and front wire is for OD.

I simply used a scotch lock connector to tap into the OD and TQ lock-up wires. I ran separate leads to toggle switchs inside the cab. One side of the toggle switch is hooked to a ground, the other end to the tapped lead from the tranny. When you want OD, flip the switch which grounds the solenoid and causes OD. Same thing for TQ lock-up.

It functions the same way on a 47re. Pin number 6 on the 8pin connector at the transmission is the 3-4 shift solenoid pin. Or you can get it up at the PCM. It is Pin B21 which is in the middle block on the PCM. It is a brown wire.

Here are a couple diagrams.
83222206.gif

83255278.gif

Sean

It functions the same way on a 47re. Pin number 6 on the 8pin connector at the transmission is the 3-4 shift solenoid pin. Or you can get it up at the PCM. It is Pin B21 which is in the middle block on the PCM. It is a brown wire.
Sean

So if i understand this correctly i just ground the brown wire in the middle pcm bundle? I have been thinking about this for sled pulling. Mine wont go into 4th gear either.

I haven't done it on mine. But from the schematic, and looking at the solenoid, it should operate on the same principles as TCC solenoid. So just wire it to a ground. I would definitely make it obviously different from your lock up switch though. Prematurely forcing O/D could potentially have some bad repercussions.
Sean