47RE shifting issue

ChrisNickerson

SingleCab 24V
Just rebuild trans, fire punk stage 2 VB. When the truck is cold and i pull out of my driveway, ill manually shift 1st to 2nd, leave the shifter in 2nd, it will then lock the converter on its own, upshift into 3rd locked, then upshift into 4th locked. Keep in mind the shifter is still in 2nd! Continues to do while warm, except just does the 3rd 4th shift. I can also take off 1st, shift to 2nd manually lock converter in 2nd, and it will jump right into 3rd locked. Fire punk told me to adjust kick down. So for starts i disconnected kick down, and with O/D off it would still jump into 4th. That was all unlocked shifts. I changed crank shaft sensor, and TPS sensor. Also truck is a 99 12v. Governor pressure reads great with scan tool. What can I do next? Sorry if the wording is off. Thanks for any help

-chris

Are you using the factory shifter?try driving with the 8 pin plug unplugged and see if your actually able to shift it manually into 1st 2nd and 3rd and vice versa

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Factory shifter yes, and i will give that a shot and let you know how it reacts. Thanks