47RE- Still pushing at idle and burning up off stall.

I have been having this same problem myself. It will be fine until
I drag race the truck then the converter drags and wi stall the truck. My converter is a 2100 stall so no reason it should do that. I'm on my 3rd DPC triple disc in 2400 miles and I've spent thousands on trans coolers, valve body's and rebuilds. Anyone else having this problem?

With a TRE trans?!?!?!?

Yes. Tim has been trying to help me out and figure it out. I snapped my billet input so he rebuilt the trans again and put a phat shaft input in and had DPC redo the converter for the 3rd or 4th time (lost count now). All was good for 900 miles and took it up to New York on a trip with no problem. Dropped pan and changed filter/fluid and all looked good inside. Took it to my local 1/8 mile track and ran a few 7.70 passes and then it started stalling when I would put it into gear and the converter is dragging again. Now Tim/DPC believe it could be the case causing it. I've got over $6,000 in chasing this problem already. Tried everything from new PCM's,new twin derale coolers mounted under the bed, 2 rebuilds, 4 converters (DPC warrantied them except for the one the shaft broke inside of) 2 valve bodies,all new trans electronics, way over 100 qts of dex/merc, labor and the list goes on.

Well, I'm about ready to toss the whole deal in the scrap bin again.
8500lb trailer, 231deg. at the top of the hill going to town.
That's with adding a 16 pass fan cooled Derale cooler AND a fan on the stock cooler to help low speed cooling.
Not beating on it just driving normally.
Unloaded driving never above 180.

Maybe a lockup switch would help? Ugh.

Reading the internal temp sensor via edge cs.
Starting to wonder if I have a bum pcm ... need to bypass w/ a lockup switch .
VB will lock in 1st from my test on the dyno.

Last time I checked i saw a 20* temp difference between the scan tool and and my ISS Pro Temp gauge in the pan. I can check later on today if you would like.

But a temp sensor in the pan. I thought I was getting up to 220's until I put the sensor in the pan. After I would see 195-205 max on a autometer gauge. I have twin 16 pass coolers and fans also.

I think you will see a large difference from stock sensor reading to pan temp. Stock sensor being higher after reading high pressure fluid AFTER it went thru clutches and valve body vs. Fluid sitting in the pan. Just a guess...........or ?

did you ever install a known good VB?

i thought it wasnt a good idea to lock up in first?

if mine gets past 180 (pan temp) i do something to get it cooled down... weather its pulling over and going to high idle or getting up above 50 and locking the converter for a while.

how does everyone like the derale setup under the bed? i know there a lot of setups like that and i need to get something else in there...

One VB I built , one from source automotive.
I didn't mean I was going to lockup in 1st, I meant I'd have to be careful as it will lock in 1st.