47re t/c slipping?

9712cummins

I have a 97 12 valve with a 47re it has been rebuilt. It works great except it shifts really quick up the through the gears.. Pretty much as soon as you start moving it shifts right up through 2nd 3rd 4th. It shifts good just way to early I think. It goes into overdrive and the t/c locks up like normal. I also have a lockup switch on it witch works good I'm just not sure why it shifts so early? I just changed the oil and filter and the fluid was spotless like brand new and there was hardly any metal or debris in the pan or on the filter and the magnet was quite clean. I also adjusted the bands while I was right there but they were not that far out of adjustment. Another thing is it does not seem to slip at all until the t/c locks then if you start to walk on the throttle it will shudder and slip. I'm really thinking this could be the converter but not sure.. Any advice?

Sounds like you need to adjust the tv cable. What converter is in it stock or ? I am no guru on automatics but iirc the tv cable will help shift later or sooner.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Yup tv cable, it will help line pressure and hold converter better as well

Back