47rh dipstick?

55smokeshow

Im putting a 12v and 47rh into a 55 chevy truck and the tranny dipstick is just in the way I was looking at a flexible one but its for a 700r4 would that fit in a 47rh?

Pics of said project first... If it was me i would just bend it untill i found a spot that it fit in.

I have a 47 chevy 5 window truck, cool truck, not a fan of the 54 and 55 grills though. lol

Good luck with the build

Lokar peformance, cant remember the PN but they sell one that's ~48" long for the chrysler trans

heres a couple I have a different thread with more

Attachments

• SSPX0357 (Medium).jpg
    SSPX0357 (Medium).jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 0
I'm glad your sticking to the original fame! instead of dropping it onto a pos first genner frame. Sweet project for sure. Check jegs.com for your dipstick

I have been reading that it is possible to hook up my 47rh without a pcm or speed sensor and still get the tranny to shift into od and to get the tc to lockout? from what I have read installing two pressure switches to the govoner port and running the two selinoid wires to them that it would shift. I have found a diagram that tries to explain it but it doesnt make sense to me if someone could please explain it for me I would appriciate it.

Im putting a 12v and 47rh into a 55 chevy truck and the tranny dipstick is just in the way I was looking at a flexible one but its for a 700r4 would that fit in a 47rh?

use the Suncoast one the lokar takes for ever to fill I have them both.

Build your own. You can use big speedo cable and modify the end and mark it correctly. The cable is available at most truck shops. Just an cheaper idea..

Nice project!! But definitely agree with dieselcharger the lokar does take forever to fill!!

yeah I got the lokar one and it does take forever but oh well should only have to fill it once right.

A powerglide locking dipstick has the same case hole dimensions. You just need to mark the correct fill level on the dipstick for the 47rh.