47rh fluid pressure

B18B1LS1

I'm flushing my tranny trying to get all the crap fluid out of it. I pulled the rear line to let it drain into a bucket gallon by gallon as I go. How much pressure should the fluid be coming out at? It flows pretty good, but I expected more of a garden hose kinda pressure! Its not a dribble by any means, just a fast flow. Seem okay?

Wouldnt it be easier to drain the pan and then the converter with the converter drain plug?

Id be scared to burn the pump up doing it that way.

I read about a lot of people doing it that way, so I hope not. I didn't run it dry, just drained a gallon then added and repeated. Seemed to work good. Either way did that and adjusted the bands, didn't help. Still shudders like a mofo when it shifts under power.

Anyone have any info on the pressures I should see at the test ports? I'm going to rig up some gauges so I can see whats going on in there.

FWIW, I would call Dave Goerend and ask him. He is very helpful and always trys to help.

You could also call Garmon, hes always willing to talk.

I also PMd you.

Last edited:
One of these days I'll consult a pro, probably after its too late of course! I'm getting a line and gauge tomorrow to do some more tinkering. We'll see what I see....

Anyone have any info on the pressures I should see at the test ports? I'm going to rig up some gauges so I can see whats going on in there.

What test ports are you checking? Main line pressure? And is your valvebody stock or aftermarket?

Stock pressure at the line pressure port (center port on the passanger side of the trans accumulator port) should be between min 60psi-max 95psi. Aftermarket pressures range between 125psi to 200psi even more for some companies. All tests in drive range. Check it with the converter locked up as well as unlocked.

What test ports are you checking? Main line pressure? And is your valvebody stock or aftermarket?

All of them I guess. Its a DTT tranny

Stock pressure at the line pressure port (center port on the passanger side of the trans accumulator port) should be between min 60psi-max 95psi. Aftermarket pressures range between 125psi to 200psi even more for some companies. All tests in drive range. Check it with the converter locked up as well as unlocked.

Cool, thanks Brad!