47rh slippage

sdime89

sdime89
Ok this could be posted somewhere else but searched and couldnt find it. I just got trans rebuilt shifts good through all gears but its slippin in 2,3,and O/D when gettin down a lil on it all clutches o rings bushings, etc been changed. Pretty much stock trans stock valve body and stock converter from daaco. Changed the converter cuz thought original was done cuz i could lock the converter and come to a complete stop without stallin the motor. Dont know wat it could be have built couple dodge trans that held up to 600 hp with no prob im just puzzled sorry for long post:what:

With a stock vb you can have a lock up switch on in first gear and the convertor wont lock until it hits 2nd. Not sure on comin to a stop though, if it would kick out of lockup or not. Id try the switch though in 2nd and up and if it slips, then you know your clutch packs are slippin, that is if you know for a fact that you TC is good.

you can pull the trans and check the clutches and see if any are burnt up also make sure that the clearances are correct. also check the springs in the valve body and make sure that they are not broken. the other thing is if you are having fluid leaking pass a valve in the valve body it would cause the clutches not to hold.

With a stock vb you can have a lock up switch on in first gear and the convertor wont lock until it hits 2nd. Not sure on comin to a stop though, if it would kick out of lockup or not. Id try the switch though in 2nd and up and if it slips, then you know your clutch packs are slippin, that is if you know for a fact that you TC is good.

yeah the tq lock up locks in correctly in second through the switch but you can come to a stop once its locked. its a brand new converter and i pressure tested the clutches and seals through the pressure veins with air everything is new inside(clutches seals etc) new converter and stock valve body

sounds like the stock valve body might not be holding enough pressure on the clutches

you can pull the trans and check the clutches and see if any are burnt up also make sure that the clearances are correct. also check the springs in the valve body and make sure that they are not broken. the other thing is if you are having fluid leaking pass a valve in the valve body it would cause the clutches not to hold.

yeah i think it is the valve body. i checked the springs cuz their notorious for breakin. some one turned the pump pressure up so idk if that messed something up cuz its turned in preety far and i have read that it can tear the vb up but idk im gonna put another one in and see wat happens

sounds like the stock valve body might not be holding enough pressure on the clutches

yeah that it could i have a vb from a gas everything looks and bolts the same i think their the same. hopefully. the trans aint beefed up in now way its all stock it should be but customer had no money:badidea:

yeah i think it is the valve body. i checked the springs cuz their notorious for breakin. some one turned the pump pressure up so idk if that messed something up cuz its turned in preety far and i have read that it can tear the vb up but idk im gonna put another one in and see wat happens

have you checked the pressure outputs in the trans?? also if you know a trans shop that has a valvebody bench you can have the vb tested to see if it is outputting the proper pressures.

yeah the tq lock up locks in correctly in second through the switch but you can come to a stop once its locked. its a brand new converter and i pressure tested the clutches and seals through the pressure veins with air everything is new inside(clutches seals etc) new converter and stock valve body

That's normal.

You can come to a stop with a lockup switch turned on with no problems with an RH transmission. It may shudder a bit when you are going fairly slow though because the engine is close to stalling.

have you checked the pressure outputs in the trans?? also if you know a trans shop that has a valvebody bench you can have the vb tested to see if it is outputting the proper pressures.

no do you know wat it should be

That's normal.

You can come to a stop with a lockup switch turned on with no problems with an RH transmission. It may shudder a bit when you are going fairly slow though because the engine is close to stalling.

no when the tq is locked and you come to a stop it will stall the motor cuz its locked as if it was direct almost it will shudder cuz its tryin to stall this trans comes to complete stop with no hesitation nor stall or shudder

i don't have a manual for the 47rh trucks only the 48re's if some one has a dodge manual for that year truck it would have the pressures for testing the trans and the pressure out puts it should be. i will be needing to get a shop manual for the 47rh trans at some point soon.

i don't have a manual for the 47rh trucks only the 48re's if some one has a dodge manual for that year truck it would have the pressures for testing the trans and the pressure out puts it should be. i will be needing to get a shop manual for the 47rh trans at some point soon.

yeah i have one but it is for many different trans i will check if it has it

no when the tq is locked and you come to a stop it will stall the motor cuz its locked as if it was direct almost it will shudder cuz its tryin to stall this trans comes to complete stop with no hesitation nor stall or shudder

It will not stall the motor. The on an RH valve body the TCC releases when it downshifts to first, right before you stop moving.

I can turn my lockup switch on and off all I want sitting at a stoplight and it will do nothing.

if it does have the trans in there it will tell you what port to connect the gauges to and what pressure they should be at with the procedure. it will check the TC, pump, and accumulators