47rh trans controller

ratrod111

I'm looking for the transmission controller that would shift my 47rh into 4th and into lock up without me having to do it with toggle switches. I want it to unlock the converter when I'm coming to a stop also. Which one do you guys recommend and how much are they ? How long do they last ? How difficult are they to wire ?

i wired up a setup using 4 relays and LED indicator and a momentary toggle to create a latching circuit (thanks to Hurley) you engage lockup with the switch pushed up, you can manually disengaged by pushing down or tap the brakes and it unlocks. same will happen with OD using different relays.

You could use a PCS, but it would be overkill for that application at $650 + harness. There isn't a cheap alternative on the market... yet. :evil:

best possible scenario is the PCS controller but $$$$

presure switches "work" but not perfect

toggle switches but don forget to unlock tc!

i wired up a setup using 4 relays and LED indicator and a momentary toggle to create a latching circuit (thanks to Hurley) you engage lockup with the switch pushed up, you can manually disengaged by pushing down or tap the brakes and it unlocks. same will happen with OD using different relays.

Yay for my singular original contribution to CompD!

also, PCS for an RH transmiision>???

You could use a PCS, but it would be overkill for that application at $650 + harness. There isn't a cheap alternative on the market... yet. :evil:

TS Performance or Suncoast (one of them, I can't remember) had one that was called their Race Converter Lockup Controller or something. It would control Lockup AND 4th gear.

I have one around here somewhere....Let me see if I can find it. If I can, it could be for sale...not gonna need it anymore...

Chris

Arduino and program it to what you want it to do. That is my goal anyways.

Tobin

47rh

Jk and Hurley , Is there a wiring diagram that you could share with me or is it something you would rather keep for yourself ? Has anyone actually used the pressure switches ? Could they be bought at a Napa or O'reilly's ? I would like to have adjustable pressure switches. Joefarmer , Are you working on something to sell for this issue ?

on the three pin solinoid connector the middle one is 12v the left one is for OD and the right pin is for TCC. Just wire each one to a pressure switch and when that switch hits the set pressure then it will go to ground and close the loop and shif to OD then TCC will lock. You can get adjustable pressure switches (Hobbs Switches) so you can dial it in exactly how you like it. Also, I have heard of a guy that used a/c pressure switches that came on at 48+-psi and off at 40psi that way it would shift out on it's own. I am planning on running mine with temporary toggle switches and hook up a guage to tans test port and measure the pressures at the shift points I want, then I will get some switches set at those pressures.

Jk and Hurley , Is there a wiring diagram that you could share with me or is it something you would rather keep for yourself ? Has anyone actually used the pressure switches ? Could they be bought at a Napa or O'reilly's ? I would like to have adjustable pressure switches. Joefarmer , Are you working on something to sell for this issue ?
Yes, but I'm just starting to test the first unit. It won't be on the market until later this year or possibly early next year.

what components will you use to program it????

what will tie into the controller and how do u program it?

QUOTE=Tobin;1859027]Arduino and program it to what you want it to do. That is my goal anyways.

Tobin[/QUOTE]