4800 rpms sounds SWEET!

JFlagg

Gun for Hire
Drove my truck to work yesterday and actually got a chance to lay into it a bit since the pump swap and test these 5K gov. springs. After 4-500 miles it hasn't been over 3200ish... That all changed yesterday when I was getting on the highway here in St. Louis. I just got into 5th gear(6 speed) and went to pass a tractor trailer, as I layed into it I passed through a wet area of pavement where some water was draining across the road. Well needless to say, at full throttle around 3K, my truck will spin the tires in 5th gear :D Since the wet section was short I just keep her to the floor as I entered the dry pavement figuring the traction of the dry pavement would bring my rpms back down... Nope. Guess this s400 and tweeked P7100 make more power than my old HX40/HRVP combo LOL After the truck started to straighten back out from a very slight fish tail I glanced at the tach and say the needle come down to the beginning of redline(I have the v10 cluster) around 4500. So I would say I peaked at around 4800. These Cummings motors sound pretty sweet up there :D :D :D Motor was spinning smooth as glass too! Guess the ATI dampner is working?

Can't wait for pulling season! :rockwoot: Now to fix a few pesky oil leaks...:bang

Last edited:
i love the way mine sounds at 5k when the load hits it. this is the highest rpm pull i made last year, turned 4600-4700 down the track

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI_ixfIFR6g[/MEDIA]

I need my fuel though... its just a heavy haze after 25-2800. I still need to mod my AFC to get more rack travel though.

Another thing I was thinking about... Who sells a bellhousing blanket for a NV5600? Or is there a blow-proof bellhousing option out there?

Every thread I read gets me that much closer to p-pumping my rig.

I also need to get a boost guage and my pyro installed... not that I'm worried about EGT's yet, hell, it barely smokes, LOL

Also, I need to thank TURBOLVR for the spare pyrometer he sent me awhile back. He heard my guages got ripped off and sent it to me since he didn't need it! I haven't forgot about ya, I'll send that thank you package eventually, trust me :D

You both are wrong... 24V head, but I plan on cutting the plenum off to P&P it and I might do a runner manifold. That would require me to bend new lines. I plan on running 2.6 with it 2001Cummins.

Damn that sounds sweet TJ. I sure hope i dont regret not going with 5k's. Seth at DPE said with the 4k he should be able to get 4500 out of them so if thats the cause i will be happy with that. Man i cant wait to get my p pump swap started and done!

I pray every night that someone gets on this forum and says that a p-pump can be competitive and still tow 18-20k# without blacking out the street. Thats all I want to hear & I'll be swapping pumps.

I pray every night that someone gets on this forum and says that a p-pump can be competitive and still tow 18-20k# without blacking out the street. Thats all I want to hear & I'll be swapping pumps.

Easy jamie....twins..:hehe:

Im guessing you wanna stick with a single tho for sled pulling?

Easy jamie....twins..:hehe:

Im guessing you wanna stick with a single tho for sled pulling?

I was gonna p-pump this winter, but then there were meetings & I guess they are gonna start teching trucks this year. Guess I'm screwed! :hehe: I am gonna try jumping up to 4th low this year & see how that goes.