48re conversion

phil4485

Well all the parts have finally made there way to me thanks to the guys at firepunk. Just wondering if there's a a good write up on the swap from the 68rfe . Really want to have all the info in front of me before this gets tackled thanks

I would like to read it as well just for the knowledge if you find a good link please share it!

Only write up I've found was an other forum . It's alright not the best but still covers the basics of the swap . Pm me and I'll send you the link

Just put the link here. I am curious too.

Can I ask how much the firepunk conversion cost you? I also may do a 48 swap soon.

Last edited:
I'll be going through this here shortly. I'm getting firepunk's new controller so my reverse lights, 4low and indicators work. I guess they're having a delay in getting the PCS and their valvebody shipped out.

So much easier using the anteater controller vs a pcs set . Shift on the fly for the trans tunes and yes the 68 smart box is simple and easy install

my builder has done probably about 15 or so swaps and used PCS with all of them using firepunk's valve bodies. Depending on how long it takes to get the PCS in I may end up going with the anteater plus its cheaper so just seeing what the time frame is looking like

So much easier using the anteater controller vs a pcs set . Shift on the fly for the trans tunes and yes the 68 smart box is simple and easy install

how are you liking your swap. I have almost 2 weeks on mine and its awesome. Just waiting another couple weeks then going to go back to Tim and get my trans serviced and a tweak to the valve body and then let her rip.

As a GM guy not knowing about Dodges. What is the benefit of the swap/conversion ?
Because dodge transmission engineers are "special". They looked at the Allison and the 5r110/6r140 and then proceeded to build a transmission that'll give up if you put a better air filter on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Because dodge transmission engineers are "special". They looked at the Allison and the 5r110/6r140 and then proceeded to build a transmission that'll give up if you put a better air filter on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
If I could get this in my sig....

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

how are you liking your swap. I have almost 2 weeks on mine and its awesome. Just waiting another couple weeks then going to go back to Tim and get my trans serviced and a tweak to the valve body and then let her rip.

Swap is running great . Have thrown a few trans related codes that I'm unsure about . Truck was on the dyno this year finally and has been my daily driver . Only issue I've ran into is a leak from trans output to transfer case input I need to pull it apart and fix that up . Very happy with the swap still need to figure out some tuning on the motor side just haven't had time to data log properly