48RE gurus spearator plate question

msantwire

today I took a spare 48re VB apart to see about modifying it for a 2nd gear lockup via Efi live programing. when I took the overdrive separator plate out I noticed that the passage that I was supposed to block off didn't have a hole in the plate. my question for you guys is this an original separator plate or an aftermarket one if so who makes it. it had a brushed finish on both sides opposite directions from top to bottom. see the attached pictures

20170116_123922.jpg

20170116_123931.jpg

20170116_124421.jpg

20170116_124526.jpg

The factory 48RE can do lockup in any gear without modification.

How do I achieve this in D via Efi live tuning? or is that an impossibility and it will only do it in manual 2nd.
I have no idea how to do it in efilive, but I do know the OEM 48RE VB will lockup in any gear with the selector in 'D'.

Efi-live only controls it while in manual 2nd. I'm not sure why or what would need to be modified to make it lock in D. I'm currently using a relay on the programable output in Efi-live to lock the converter at WOT, above 20psi boost, and above 20mph. I have not tested this yet due to it being winter but will be dialing it in come spring time. Maybe before on the dyno, we'll see.

My factory 05 48re would lockup in second gear without any issues. Now if I fed heave throttle early on in 2nd gear lockup, it would unlock.
I fixed this issue with a manual lockup switch once I built the transmission to handle the abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slightly changing the subject ..Can you put the 48re separator plate in a 47re vb and get lockup in all gears?

Back