48RE Nuetral Question

CrashCade

Hey Guys,

I have had my tranny rebuilt a couple of times and on some of the builds my Nuetral indicator on my gauge cluster will work and on some it doesn't. I used to be able to move my tranny selector around and get it lit, but now I can't at all. Is there someway to adjust the linkage to make it work. Looking at the Park paw, I think that is what it is called, the metal N contact doesn't contact the metal ball on the linkage. Would a new park paw fix this or is there something els eI need to be looking at. I sawapped the part out that goes into the tranny and is supposed to make contact and that didn't help at all.

Thanks for the help guys.

Hey Guys,

I have had my tranny rebuilt a couple of times and on some of the builds my Nuetral indicator on my gauge cluster will work and on some it doesn't. I used to be able to move my tranny selector around and get it lit, but now I can't at all. Is there someway to adjust the linkage to make it work. Looking at the Park paw, I think that is what it is called, the metal N contact doesn't contact the metal ball on the linkage. Would a new park paw fix this or is there something els eI need to be looking at. I sawapped the part out that goes into the tranny and is supposed to make contact and that didn't help at all.

Thanks for the help guys.

The adjustment for the cable that controls the gear selector on the transmission is under the steering column. You just pull a plastic tab out of a connector and adjust slack and push back in.

What may have happend is the "rooster comb" on the valve body may been slightly bend down causing the p-n-d switch not to folow the bumps on it. take the switch out of the side of the transmission and use a small pry bar and very slightly bend it up so it is in the center. Dont pry on the plastic wear strip that is rivited on the comb as yo will break it.

Malcolm

What may have happend is the "rooster comb" on the valve body may been slightly bend down causing the p-n-d switch not to folow the bumps on it. take the switch out of the side of the transmission and use a small pry bar and very slightly bend it up so it is in the center. Dont pry on the plastic wear strip that is rivited on the comb as yo will break it.

Malcolm

Cool deal, I will give that a shot.:thankyou2: