48re OD issues

apples24v

The other day the truck acted fine,came to a stop light, light turned green and I went to take off it almost seemed like either my converter stayed locked or 1st was slipping pretty bad. I pulled over double checked I wasn't dumping fluid under the truck, popped the hood and checked it, it had a minor burnt smell but nothing significant considering it was about time for its service. limped the truck home, noticed the trans got up to around 200 degrees which is higher then I've seen it. Let it cool down, started it back up an hour or so later, ran perfect again so I figure it was time to drop the pan and do the service. I replaced both pressure gov sensor and transducer while I was at it since I had that 1st gear hiccup the day before. now I lost overdrive, My converter will still lock in tow/haul and OD off and I can see on the Edge its still calling for 4th but it never shifts. This is my first auto so any help pointing me into the right direction is appreciated. Can I command OD to engage like I do with the converter and if so what wire do I ground.

There wasn't any little pieces but yeah the filter was completely grayish black, I've only had the truck a few months so not sure when it had its last service but I'd say the filter was dirtier then normal.

So turned out my OD piston over extended cut a seal and burned up my OD clutches :doh:

So turned out my OD piston over extended cut a seal and burned up my OD clutches :doh:

This is what I was referencing. Prolly built with a little to much end play . started to slip and created too much. Causing the over travel.

Install a 300psi gauge to the "accumulator" test port and a 300psi gauge to the "OD" test port. Upon OD shift the accumulator gauge will drop in pressure and the OD gauge will increase in pressure little to none, provided a failed OD piston seal is present.