48re Patc

speedfreak

Looking for some input....I am a FORD guy :ford: But my kid brother is all about the dodge.... He has a 05 Cummins with the 48RE... he bought this used and the trans has had some issues since he got it, Last some he thought he would try to show up Big brother on the pullin track :doh: put a quadzilla and a smarty Jr on it against my thoughts :bang well needless to say now the trans has some big problems. he is going to loose the Quadzilla an step up to the big smarty this year, and we are kicking around buying a kit from PATC # K48RZ2, looking for any input on this one, I am going to be doing the O/H and our pockets do have bottems, so a big dollar unit is out of the question thanks in advance :thankyou2:

if you're buying the parts and building it yourself they are not to bad but keep any eye on what you receive and what you order they tried shorting me a entire pack of clutches and steels. they had to ship me extra clutches and steels cause i could build my trans completely until i got the parts. my truck was down for about 2 week because of this.

if you're buying the parts and building it yourself they are not to bad but keep any eye on what you receive and what you order they tried shorting me a entire pack of clutches and steels. they had to ship me extra clutches and steels cause i could build my trans completely until i got the parts. my truck was down for about 2 week because of this.

Same here, took em three tries to get the right parts.
TOMMY

Thanks guy's, so there customer service need's help but how was the quality of the parts???? and how are they holding up after the rebuild ??? what kind of power you throwing at the trans now??

I have run there parts for almost 5 years they have great parts and also a quick ship time, but yes I also was shorted my whole gasket kit. i paid for it still havent gotten it yet though, but as far as parts they get a a in my book. I ordered a full billet 48re package from them and also got the billet front drum.. talk about shiny..lol then went with a goerend converter, also got a double flex plate from them. trans saw 803 at the wheels and is still clicking..

I bought all my small internal billet parts from PATC, servos, pistons, levers, etc.....great customer service and good selection, but they screwed up my order also.

They did get the correct parts to me, in a very timely manner, with a free tshirt

I wonder why the orders keep getting screwed up?

I spent 5 grand with them full billet the works and don screwed my order bad but the parts were awesome and when all done the trans is *****en.

Thanks guy's, so there customer service need's help but how was the quality of the parts???? and how are they holding up after the rebuild ??? what kind of power you throwing at the trans now??

Parts quality isn't an issue, they come from the same place(s) as everybody else's parts.

I've ordered stuff from them before, but I haven't found their pricing to be that much better than other places I've used. The common theme is wrong or shorted orders, and I've heard some stories of them not wanting to fix their shipping mistakes.

I thought there prices were alot cheaper if you buy alot of parts.