48re transmission and transfer case

Cummins_04

I'm trying to get the transfer case separated from the transmission but I'm not having any luck. I have all the nuts off but it will not budge at all. Anyone have any ideas to get it off?

They can be difficult some times, they get corroded together alot of penitrating oil and some viberation on the flange may help you can very ! carefully drive a small chisel or screwdriver between and work it apart all the way around, but you have to be patient and take your time to not break it , when you do get it apart clean the flanges well and coat with copper based antiseize hope that helps

Mine was stuck together as well when I did my transmission. Took the trans and transfer case out as a pair and separated them on the floor. A little tapping here and there and some pb blaster did the trick. Anti seize when they went back together. Cant imagine it would be a easy task trying to do it under the truck.

Mine had to be taken out as one piece, then it was chiseled, heated, pry barred and pb blastered for a good while.

Had this before, put a ratchet strap around it to the rear axle to apply some rearward pressure then a pry bar on each side will get it off.