48RE valve body questions

TheSmokinStroke

The trans in my truck has all suncoast internals in it, including their solenoid and valve body. It has very firm shifts, almost to firm on the 1-2. My question is would I benefit from a different valve body that would help lighten the shifts up a little bit? This is my first dodge so I am new to this game, but would say firepunk be able to make me a valve body that would allow for somewhat softer shifts?

Is it just me, or is it the season for transmission questions in the dodge area? Seems like two a day come up..

To answer your question, you could just use your current valve body and have someone who knows their a$$ from their head do some adjustments to soften up shifts to your liking. Maybe even talk to Suncoast and tell them what's up and see if they will do some tweaking.

I went from at hts to a garmon tow valve body because of the same reason got tired of it ramming in gear. made a lot of difference in my truck. it still has the shuttle shift issue around 30 just not as bad as before

Is it just me, or is it the season for transmission questions in the dodge area? Seems like two a day come up..

To answer your question, you could just use your current valve body and have someone who knows their a$$ from their head do some adjustments to soften up shifts to your liking. Maybe even talk to Suncoast and tell them what's up and see if they will do some tweaking.

I just bought the truck so I'm trying to learn my head from my A$$ on these dodges LOL went from a 7.3 to an LLY duramax to this. I will have to make some phone calls.

I went from at hts to a garmon tow valve body because of the same reason got tired of it ramming in gear. made a lot of difference in my truck. it still has the shuttle shift issue around 30 just not as bad as before

Mine luckily doesn't have the shuttle shift issue at low speeds, just going into Overdrive :nail:.

Good deal.. Know how many miles are on the trans sense build?

~40k. I have every receipt besides trans, but knowing this shop It doesn't surprise me in the least. Trans was built at Hallas Performance in Romeo Michigan. He said hes had it in for 3 years or so. Every fluid in the truck is Amsoil and he seemed to be real up on maintenance. the fluid was a tad on the dark side (not bright red, but not burnt) and smelled good when I checked it.

being in Michigan maybe someone at HTS could help line it out, but I have no clue if they are even still open. I have heard the customer service went down hill a lot.

HTS is known for the very hard shifts... I had two of their transmissions back in the day.. All I can say is get a neck brace.

HTS is known for the very hard shifts... I had two of their transmissions back in the day.. All I can say is get a neck brace.

I agree just saying someone there maybe able to help fix it if they are still open. closer for him than driving to ohio I would think

what kind of line pressure you running or do you know what it is set at may be able to turn it down some if its not jacked up high then I would get ahold of them and see if they can help ya out

My fire punk vb has a delayed and hard 1-2 shift as well. Going they can help me figure it out?