4bt F/s

chvyrkr

Still learning...
Gauging interest in a Cummins 4BT.

Motor has a rotary pump, looks solid. Runs great. Has an adapter for a chevy turbo400 trans, which has no forward gears left. Reverse turns the tires over pretty easy though, so it's still full of life.

Appears to have 180k original miles.

What's it worth to you? We'd like to do a conversion, but bought a panel van sight unseen because "it's got a cummins" and it turned out to be a 4BT, not the 5.9.

The 4BT will still fit our needs I think, but if we can swing a 5.9 we'd rather go that route.

No idea what year the motor is, as the van is a conversion as well. It was converted by a fleet maintenance shop so...

Somebody tell me where to SN's or any other numbers I can use are, and I'll post up more info. There is no data plate what-so-ever on the motor. The only numbers I have off it right now are off the filters and the IP.

Thanks!

Will do, I forgot my camera at the shop today or I'd have 'em now.

Thanks!

Yeah I can. I can't foot the bill for it though. You'll have to coordinate it and let me know which shipper to drop at.

Thanks for the interest.

If I haven't mentioned it yet, we'll be usin this for the conversion if we can't get enough out of it to buy a replacement.

If I haven't mentioned it yet, we'll be usin this for the conversion if we can't get enough out of it to buy a replacement.

So how much are you looking at getting out of it instead of using it for the conversion?

Exactly 1 runnin 12v with an auto trans. I have a couple options as fas as that goes...

Right now my problem is the owner of the conversion...