4k kit

bs&t

i know what i know
i want to install a 4k kit i have all the stuff 60 lb valve spring and while i was at it put a mack rack plug in to i just dont have a fluid damper yet should i be scared or will it hold it

and i frogot to ask will my stock mech lift pump keep up will the higher rpms

i take it that u have all this done already im just learning thank for help sorry about all the posts

you guys are very understanding thanks for the help i want to make this truck rip and hold together

when you get the 4k kit in you wont be able to make 4 k maybe more towards 3500 but you will have to adjust your timing to fix the popping problem

idk i thought i read a 4k kit with the 60 lb springs fueled to 4 and redlined to like 4200 or 4300

idk i thought i read a 4k kit with the 60 lb springs fueled to 4 and redlined to like 4200 or 4300

All depends how you set it up. As in how tight you take the springs. I had a 3k kit that would turn 4300. It was touchy as hell but it worked. He can install the 4k on the little loose side and be around 3500 and drive a little smoother probably. Or a few tighter and get 4k or more easy. Just may drive a little touchier.

yeah but to far and you can break them or weaken them. but you can turn alot more rpms than what they say. i just wouldnt recomend it.

Yes. Im not positive what the 4k kits recommend on clicks. I believe most usually say the initial +3. It doesnt take much to adjust them. Go 3 clicks and see what it does. If you want more, take it up a click at a time till you get where you want. You will need to adjust the idle after install. I have always had to atleast.

yeah but to far and you can break them or weaken them. but you can turn alot more rpms than what they say. i just wouldnt recomend it.

They will hold just fine. Trust me. The biggest thing is make sure you get ALL the original washers removed before you put the new kit in. And make sure you tighten both sides evenly and to the same point

can u do that to the stock springs and do u turn them or just push down on them

Yes you could tighten your stock springs to get a little extra. Never tried it so I couldnt tell ya how it would work or what you would gain. Do a search on here on GSK install. There are threads on here with pictures that will help you. There is a retainer nut that holds the springs in that you tighten.

i have heard that you can get 3 grand out of the stock ones by turning them down a few clicks

i think thatg is what im going to try for sunday i am so going to get my ars kicked

If your gonna be pulling your gonna need way more than 3k. I would put the 4k in for sure. Is it going to be strictly a pulling truck? If so get a set of 5k's

no i drive it every day and i already have the 4k kit i just dont have the balls to put it in