4R100 synthetic ATF recommendations

jibmaster145

What type of ATF should i go with? does Mobil 1 make a ATF for Ford 4R100's? I have heard you don't want to use a ATF with a Mercon V rating. But I cant seem to find a Mobil 1 ATF with a Dexron rating without a Mercon V rating. Is anyone running Mobil 1 synthetic ATF? (The one in the silver bottle)Thank you!

Josh

when i put my BTS in i filled it w/ CENPECO fully synthetic. working good for me.

All ATF is synthetic that I know of.
I don't know first hand because I have a hand shaker, but I have friends that race in Maryland (1/4 mile) and swear by Royal Purple. I am using the Royal Purple ATF fluid for manual transmissions (syncromax).

Tranny Fluid

I'm running Lubrication Engineers 7500 Power Lube. It is one of the best on the market I think. It drops your temp. and resists heat very well. I'm running it in all three 7.3Ls here. I'm running there fully syn. stuff in the Excursion with a 6.0L.

After i order my BTS valve body i went with Schaeffer's trans fluid. This is the fluid that BTS uses in all there tran's. Its a synthetic trans fluid and i order 2 cases (12 quarts per a case). I did the BTS VB, Mag hytech deep pan, 6 liter trans cooler all at the same time and noticed a 55 degree drop in trans temp. When i performed all of this i drain the converter at the same time and had to fill the trans with 23 quarts of new fluid.
Here is there website for more info.
Schaefferoil.com
total bill from them was
2 cases of tran fluid (24 quarts) $146.16
State and local tax $10.23
Total shipping freight $23.10
Total due $179.49
Hope this helps and yes i know thats alot of money to spend for trans fluid but i'll do what ever it takes to protect my reman trans with 6k miles on it.
Erik