4th gear growl

12valvetater

After almost four years I have my truck up and running again since dropping a valve. Ever sine I put it back together it has a pretty heavy gear growl when pulling through fourth gear. It only does it in fourth and only from 1600-1700 rpm. The harder you come through it the louder it gets. Could it be the input shaft? It is a 1-3/8ths Kenny's pulling parts shaft with his ceramic rigid double disk clutch. I had the transmission shimmed up after the shaft was installed because it was really loose. The noise doesn't seem normal but should I be concerned?

mine does the same thing... same as every other 5spd 12v ive ever ridin in

Mine started the growl only in fourth after I installed my SB dual disk and 1 3/8. Nature of the beast.

Added weight of the double disk then?

All my buddies are runnin dub disks... And i went from garbage BD auto to 1 3/8" and valair dub

Obviously gear lash... I noticed mine wasnt as predominant after i rebuilt my motor and fixed 5th gear..... Although im noticing it again, perhaps its a sign the nut has loosened off abit again... Not too sure, i honk on it quite a bit and it hasnt got worse or better... Lugging definately makes it more noticeable

I guess I'll change the oil in and call it good. From what i'm gathering it isnt a big deal.