4wheelparts.com= Scammers

Rollinbig

thought i would post about my recent experience with 4 wheel parts.called Tyler, ext#5486 to discuss a new set of tires and wheels for my truck.We agreed on a price for the package. Tyler said he would need to ok this with his manager and asked if he could call me back in a few, O.K no problem and he does in just a few minutes, says that as long as i don't mind waiting a few weeks it's a deal.I agree and give him all of my info. Done deal right? the next afternoon Tyler calls and informs me that they can't sell me that tire and wheel package for the agreed price,even though the money has already been debited from my account.So I continue on through several managers and have no luck, they're all wanting to start renegotiation $400 higher than the agreed price. I calmly asked for a refund, which I will recieve in 3-5 days and will never deal with 4wheel parts again.( also found the package $120.00 cheaper elsewhere) tiresdelivered.com

I've had nothing but good luck with them, but I have heard alot of bad to though....

4 years ago i had nothing but good to say about them. in the last 3 attempts to order from them i have nothing but bad to say. i think they got too big and lost their good service.

Last edited:
RideIcon said:
how is that a scam?
thats just bad communication...
how exactly is that bad communication? They told him a price, he agreed to pay it and wait. And then they change their minds.. Where's the communications problem? They already took the agreed amount out even.. So I don't quite understand why you'd be defending them..

There is a guy with the screen name 4wpBrandon on here, he works at 4WP. He is real easy to deal with, you might give him a shout-Nicholas

Lucky Jeff said:
how exactly is that bad communication? They told him a price, he agreed to pay it and wait. And then they change their minds.. Where's the communications problem? They already took the agreed amount out even.. So I don't quite understand why you'd be defending them..

you said scam,

in a scam you DONT GET YOUR MONEY BACK

thats all i said, why the anger?:poke:

RideIcon said:
you said scam,

thats all i said, why the anger?:poke:
no anger, I was more questioning your "communications" comment then the scam comment..

I agree, no so much a scam, probably just a low level manager oked something he wasn't suppose to. I've heard good and bad about them, but overall they do sell alot of parts so there doing something right.

It may not be a scam but it is damn shady. The deal was approved and payment was made. That means it was a done deal, end of story, send the man his tires!
To call back a day later and change the price is total:bs:

I have had that happen with them before, the installed a lift on my rig that was advertised there was no brake line extentions needed and I paid and during the install they called and said it needed the extentions. They are real bastards to deal with!

They just opened a new branch down the street from me in Pompano Beach FL. It will interesting to see the pricing on tires. We don't have much for off road stores in my area.

RideIcon said:
you said scam,

He doesn't have his money back yet. I've hear other people complain that they had to do a charge back on their credit card to get the money they were supposed to be refunded.

We have had good experiences with them, but we've heard the horror stories. I guess when they are good, they are really good. And when they are bad, they are really bad. I haven't really heard much inbetween.

Get a hold of Brandon, 4wpBrandon, I promise you he is not a low level manager, He will make it right for you. He has already said if you have a ligit complaint give him a chance to make it right. Chris

haz-mat19 said:
Get a hold of Brandon, 4wpBrandon, I promise you he is not a low level manager, He will make it right for you. He has already said if you have a ligit complaint give him a chance to make it right. Chris

Kinda too late now, he already went somewhere else and saved $$$ at the same time

Thanks for all your comments, by scam I meant that it was a done deal and then they called me back trying to get more money for something we had already agreed a price on. Sounds like something a car dealer would do. And as of today 12/3 They haven't credited my money back. This all happened 11/29

UPDATE: got a call today from Tyler @ 4wheelparts. He offered me a $150 gift certificate to remove my thread. I think I would rather let this run, maybe I can save someone a headache in the future. Also, check out www.ripoffreport.com , just put 4 wheel parts in the search. some very interesting reading concerning the company and their policies:kick:

Back