4x4 no workie

Mr.T

DPF's are gay
i put this DHD transfer case in my pickup and now my 4x4 doesn't work, i checked the transfer case switch and its working ok, vacuum lines are clear too, i have not yet checked the CAD which is where im certain my problem lies, but for the sake of being thorough (sp?) is there anything else i should check? TIA guys

Check for vacum at the vac switch. if you dont have it there then check the connection at the firewall manifold d/s.

Are you pulling the lever?LOL

I'd double check the linkage, then pull the actuator and see it it's moving. I'm assuming you get vacuum at the actuator?

The plastic vacuum lines can be real brittle. Check the white line going from the fire wall to the t-case. be sure it didn't get snagged and pulled from the firewall manifold or broken somewhere. If you can find anything, check your heater vents. If they stay on the defrost windshield vents, then you have a vacuum leak some where. I know when my 4wd stopped working it was the white line pulled from the fire wall plus my vents stayed at the windshield.

:doh: forgot you gotta pull that fancy lever thingy on the floor LOL

seriously now....i've got vacuum at the actuator, just wondered if maybe there was some other mystery line i was missing somewherec

my vents all work fine, must be that CAD actuator.......damn.....back to the wrecking yard tomorrow

white is supply
green is vent
red and black go to the axle. Red is to stay in 2wd, black is to stay in 4wd. If you have vacuum in the red line while in 4wd, then your vacuum switch maybe messed up inside the t-case, or the lines got swapped.

i've got vacuum on black when 4x4 is engaged. CAD is coming off tomorrow to get checked out

Sounds like the culprit to me. Funny how things can happen coincidentally when doing other swaps and repairs.

i dont get it but whatever, i swear to god by the time i have this truck paid off it will be brand new from front to back. i cant go ONE week without something taking a sh!t.....next repair is gonna be tie rod/drag link.....its getting the HD rockram steering too,

Just add a posilok to ther front and throw away the cad system. One of the best mods I have ever done to my truck. Also give you the great feature of 2lo.

Occasionally the passenger axles shafts don't line up properly. I just went through this not a month ago. I had vaccuum and so i replaced the actuator, didn't help at all. So i took it apart again and tried to slide the collar over by hand, come to find out the one shaft was less than 1/16 inch lower than the other. So i temporarily fixed it the free quick way since it was sunday and i needed 4wd bad. I slid the collar just over the half way point and then tack welded the collar to every other spline on ONLY the shaft with the yoke. Not the best remedy but will never have the problem again. It drives on dry pavement just fine in 2wd, can't tell i did it at all.

Back