5/16/09 Albuquerque, NM. DYNO 10,000 lbft of TORQUE

RAMBUNCTIOUS

Families of Fallen Soldiers dyno day fund raiser!

May 16th at Flash Automotive on Jefferson just north of Paseo Del Norte Albuquerque, New Mexico.

List of sponsors so far

High Desert Ravelco
HDR Diesel
Flash Automotive
New Mexico Off Road League
Rent-n-Go Rio Rancho
2nd to None Truck Club
Galles Chevrolet
Zangara Dodge
Don Chalmers Ford
Cross Country Auto
AlphaGraphics
Lazarsmith
Excel manufacturing
Ice Box manufacturing
PureFlow Technologies
Matco Tools (Ron Swartz)
PAPA
Pious Photography
Fraternal Order of Police (waiting on confrimation)
Albuquerque Fire Department (waiting on confirmation)

I am waiting on respones from a few other companies. The event is a fund raiser for Families of Fallen Soldiers in conjunction with the Purple Heart Association. Our event last year will be in April's Issue of Diesel Power. The event is called:

10,000 lbft of Torque in the Southwest

Last year we had 30 trucks show, we rolled 26 on the dyno and had a monster truck, BBQ, give a ways, door prizes, class trophies ect.... It was a great time and a great cause. We raise money to help offset travel and lodging expenses of the families that have lost a Hero. Anything you can donate for the event would be greatly appreciated.

This year, we have Ford, Chevy and Dodge dealers attending the event and are going to place new trucks on the rollers. We are going to have a traveling trophy for the dealers and they are helping us with TV promotions.

Keep an eye open for the event and would love to see as many of you guys/gals that can show!

RV PARKING !!

UPDATE:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
High Desert Ravelco Proudly Presents the 2nd Annual 10,000 lb. ft. of Torque in the Southwest to Benefit Families of Fallen Soldiers

Albuquerque, New Mexico, May 16, 2009- High Desert Ravelco presents the 2nd Annual 10,000 lb. ft. of Torque in the Southwest. This event is hosted by Flash Automotive on May 16th in Albuquerque New Mexico. We are raising money for Families of Fallen Soldiers in conjunction with the Purple Heart Association. All proceeds are donated to the Purple Heart Association to aide families for travel and lodging expenses traveling to Albuquerque to receive their memorial of a Fallen Hero who served in the United States Military in the Middle East, including Iraq and Afghanistan.
This event is a fund raiser to help offset travel and lodging costs for the families that have lost a Hero during the war. It is our way of saying thank you for their sacrifice and to honor them by paying for their expenses. The memorial is located here in Albuquerque.

This event is a time for diesel the enthusiast to place their truck on a chassis dyno to measure horsepower and torque, have some bragging rights, and most importantly is to raise money for families of fallen soldiers. There are several sponsors including High Desert Ravelco, HDR Diesel, Flash Automotive, New Mexico Off Road League, Cross Country Auto Sales, Rent-n-Go Rio Rancho, 2nd to None Truck Club, Galles Chevrolet, Melloy Dodge, Don Chalmers Ford, Tri-State Printing, Lazarsmith, Excel Manufacturing, Ice Box Manufacturing, PureFlow Technologies, Matco Tools (Ron Swartz)and Pan American Merchant & Financial Services, The Public Academy for Performing Arts, Line X of Albuquerque, RECON.

Flash Automotive is located on Jefferson just north of Paseo Del Norte on the west side of the street. There will be ample parking. The event starts at 8:30am sharp with vendor set up and contestant registration to begin at 7:30am.

For More Information, Contact:
Chris Brahs
High Desert Ravelco
505-980-8114
FAX-505-323-3652
chris@highdesertravelco.com

- END -
Trucks expected from NM AZ TX OK and CO

I am Posting this for my good friend Chris Brahs(Disabled USAF Vet himself), He is the one Hosting this event. I am just trying to spread the word for this wonderful Dyno event that supports a GREAT CAUSE.

You can also PM me for details and i will do my best to answer questions as fast as i can i know this is a bit last minute.

Max Stoltz
StoltzMax@aol.com
817 683 2710

I know the post was long, I copied and pasted from the other forum. I am just doing me part to recruit :)

i may try and make it. its a dyno and helps our fallin heros out there should be more interest!!!!!!!!

I might make a trip north for this. Is it a dyno run fee and donaton or just donation?

-Dustin-

ill probly be comin from az.... ill just stop and stay the weekend at my summer place on Mount Taylor

I might make a trip north for this. Is it a dyno run fee and donaton or just donation?

-Dustin-

all the proceeds from the dyno will be donated to the " Purple Heart Association" some of the fellow New Mexico guys will be cooking out, and selling food to raise some coin. any additional donations are accepted.

ill probly be comin from az.... ill just stop and stay the weekend at my summer place on Mount Taylor

Good deal come and and support, Bring your buddies too.

ps. My internet is acting sketchy so I will reply just as soon as I can

Max:rockwoot:

also it should have read Melloy Dodge and Tri State Printing. on the sponsors instead of Zangara Dodge and AlphaGraphics.

Good deal come and and support, Bring your buddies to

yea if i go?..... ill bring a dmax or two with me.

also its bein discussed on CF in az section, bout a bunch of arizonians going to albq

i am unfamiliar with "CF" ?

my buddy that is putting it on Chris is on Diesel Truck Resource . com thats where i got the info from.

max

News:

I do not believe i mentioned in the above post that there will be a cinematography (sp?) class there filming and selling DVD's of the event.

also, it looks like there is going to be some good BBQ'ing, consuming and such friday afternoon and evening .

:Cheer:If they only want 10,000 ft lbs of torque then I can just dyno 5 times for em!

Here is a Poster that Chris had made for the event.

Dynoday_Poster1.jpg

:Cheer::Cheer::Cheer::rockwoot::nos::cheer::woohoo:

I am Really happy to hear that some of my buddies from the Fort Worth, TX area are coming up for the event. :)

Lookin' Forward to the GOOD TIMES.

I feel like a "Road Trip".
LazarSmith and I will be there... from N. Texas.
Hope he brings the 'Blue Monster' but not sure, due to back to back weekends, following the TS event in Ky.

RJ

I might have to pull an all-nighter Friday to even have the truck running for Saturday, but I'll try to be there.

-Dustin-

Las Cruces. We'll see when the turbos show up, then I have to rebuild one of them...

-Dustin-