5.7 Diesel block

jpowel29

Looking for a 5.7 GM/Olds diesel block (1979 - 1985)
D or DX blocks
Prefer .842 lifter bore but the .921 lifter bore blocks will work as well
No heavy rust or pitting
I will pay for freight and can do Paypal

I don't have one and I don't think I've even ever seen one in person. I'm just curious of what you're​ going to do with it?

If I remember right they were stout 5.7 gas block and a lot of guys would pull compression swap heads and they were a good HP gas motor,

If I remember right they were stout 5.7 gas block and a lot of guys would pull compression swap heads and they were a good HP gas motor,

Yes I was thinking the same they were a 350 bottom end, with different heads. That is why the cranks blew up!

Ya,. As far as I've ever heard the were a very poor diesel engine. I mean the one year they were in k10's 1977 they had a lower payload than any other combination and were recommended against towing right in the manuals...

If you think the 5.7 was weak, try it in the 4.3 V6 version LOL

I remember scavenging engine piles back in the early '90s, a 'D' or 'DX' block wasn't even hard to find, like a small block Chevy, they were everywhere.
So were the 6.2s.

I think Mark Nixon had a car with one in it not long ago.
It is the 4.3, in a 1983 Buick (takes a) Century.
I still have the whole car, which is a very low miles unit and I believe the reason is it was one of those cars you had to "wait to drive". :hehe:

If you think the 5.7 was weak, try it in the 4.3 V6 version LOL

One of these days I may have to get if running and see how truly worthless it is...
Unless I get really strapped for cash and off it for scrap.

Mark.

Even the weak cars have value, they make us appreciate the non weak Lol

They are 350 Olds engines...Dad bought a brand new one in a C3500 in 1981...ran it 36 weeks, put 36K miles on it and the dealer overhauled it, another 36 weeks, 38K miles and she let go again, and they figure out then when they tried to swap the parts to a 350 Chevy engine, that it was an Olds block.

Good engines in a Delta 88, Grandpa probably ran 6 or 7 of them to 200K plus miles each, just no good in a truck.

Chris

D or DX blocks
No heavy rust or pitting

D or DX blocks
No heavy rust or pitting

What are you building with it.