5.9 Chevy

smoken02

Does any one know of a kit to install a 12v cummins into an 85 chevy 4x4?

Each conversion is so unique it would be hard to build a kit that would fit all.

Easiest would be to transplant a 5.9 with a 47rh trans into the Chevy chassis.

Just make all your own motor mount and stuff. It is a long process to get it all done properly.

We have done a few of these conversions and usually takes 120 hour plus to make it all functional, with the acc such as cruise, a/c and all.

Malcolm

This truck has no factory air, cruise. Has hydro boost brakes, 4spd, NP205 transfer case. I was kinda hoping to keep the transfer case.

joe that must be gettin all the bells to work to put it on dodge mounts in the older chevy take an hour!!!!!!!!

I'm making it as dumb as I can. Manual VB 47RH and it's a 12v. The rollcage will likely take longer. ;)

There are 3 wires, one for power, one for the lockup solenoid and the other for the overdrive solenoid. Both can be controlled with a switch to ground. I believe they can also be controlled with a pressure switch on the governor port.

smoken02 said:
Why? Have you or someone you know done this?

No, but Fordcummins.com is just down the street from my house. I have looked into a few different adapters and CHA-CHING$$$. Not that they arent good but man they are spendy.

smoken02 said:
Does any one know of a kit to install a 12v cummins into an 85 chevy 4x4?
call this # 406 727 8915 this is auto world in montana- he is the first guy to put a 12v cummins in a box style chevy. his stuff is top notch and hand made and prices are not bad either. we bought motormounts, pulleys, brackets, ect for my brothers 99 2500 chevy obs, and the swap was done easily. whats nice is he gives you wiring diagrams to wire everythig up in the chevy using the chevy harness so all guages work.

joefarmer said:
There are 3 wires, one for power, one for the lockup solenoid and the other for the overdrive solenoid. Both can be controlled with a switch to ground. I believe they can also be controlled with a pressure switch on the governor port.
that is the way my brother wired his with switches on his 99 chevy 12v cummins/47rh swap.

The truck has a 4spd in it now. I was thinking about running the 5spd dodge trans.