5.9 CR going in a 1984 GMC 1500

Got it stripped, cleaned, and epoxied.
u7y4ury8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dumb question. by epoxied, you mean clear coated? what did you use?

Black shopline epoxy primer, I'll be clearing it today with some advantage clear.

Finished up the front of the frame. Got all the crap put back on the engine and in. Oil pan mod is just right.

y5e3yva5.jpg

vezy7y2a.jpg

6y5amaqe.jpg

a7ugeru7.jpg

e2u4asyd.jpg

avera4yj.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lol. Nah, she's cool. I painted her bbc valve covers at the same time, so she should be happy.

Been working on the firewall. I wanted something different.

ve3y8e2a.jpg

u2e9y2yq.jpg

Nice touch on the fire wall. Whats the estimated date for the maiden voyage down the track?

Lol. Thanks. I'm not sure I have a.d.d. Pretty bad and have 3 or 4 projects going on at all times. I'm hoping it will be this year.

Sprayed the firewall with some duplicrap Bedliner for texture. Satin black paint next.

a8agetuz.jpg

Love the fire wall. That things goin to look sweet when it's finished

Sat the cab back on the frame. Next I guess I need to pull the wiring out of the dodge and start on that. This thread will be slow for a while now... Lol

y6epy9y8.jpg

ugy6u5u2.jpg

zagubepe.jpg

Sold what's left of the dually, so I started pulling the wiring and dash out of the donor.

Last edited:
Thanks. I have been spending more time on my k5 lately. I need to get to work on this thing.

Brought to you by Tapatalk.

Can anyone tell me if this 48re will work if i run the factory harness and dodge modules? I have been researching and talking to people and was told that the 48re uses the abs sensors. If this is the case I am just gonna go manual vb. I spoke to goerend and they can make that happen. Anybody have any info on this?