5.9 injectors in a 6.7 answered

The info I found was that the 5.9 fires at 50v and the 6.7 fires at 100v.

SO, the 5.9 ECM can fire the 6.7 injectors but at startup when your system voltage is completely relying on the batteries and before the alt kicks in its rough running. mine was about 10 seconds before it smoothed out. Once that was done it ran great, clean smooth etc.

Never looked into swapping coils, once I found the 5.9 fit the 6.7 head I looked no further.

EFI scan file shows the 2 injector capacitors running at ~80 volts for a 5.9 ECM. According to Exergy Engineering, the coils are the same. Some say CRIN 3 run at 40v, now I hear 100v, confusing....

EFI scan file shows the 2 injector capacitors running at ~80 volts for a 5.9 ECM. According to Exergy Engineering, the coils are the same. Some say CRIN 3 run at 40v, now I hear 100v, confusing....

Well your not alone in your confusion.

I was told this info, not once did I do any scans etc, all I can tell you is my truck now starts great with the 5.9 injectors.

spelling errors should be ignored from this device. =-O

The caps control the flyback voltage. All non-piezo CR injectors operate with 12v. The 50-100V spikes on the scope are from the flyback.

Back