5.9L Cummins+13spd?

There is a rumor that GMC 5500's have a 273 remote mounted transfercase with flanges that could be used to mate the medium and class 8's to the 59's, prob is the t/c for the chubbys is passanger side drop,,,,
that is true any 4wd c4500 or c5500 kodiak from the 2000s body style has a divorced mount 273, and all inputs and outputs are flanged.

how much would your fuel mileage and pulling capabilities increase by doing this??

Probably 0, the friction loss in a big fuller is a large number. You could probably only use 6 or 7 gears out of a 10 speed but you'd always have a gear to pull with and it'd never break.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

We have a fl60 rollback at work, 225 horse Cummins, Eaton non overdrive 6 speed with some really tall rear end gears like 3.20's or something around there. the truck weighs 15000 on the junk yard scales and it gets 14 mpg empty does like 2200rpm at 60 and it pulls fine. Go for the 13 speed, I think your arm will be getting tired real fast tho $.02

I am in the same situation, I got the 13 speed tranny and can't seem to locate
the right engine adapter. I think I know where one is but its a 400 mile round trip
to check. Don't know his name or phone number BUT, I know where he lives :)

I'm going to run a RTOO 12513, looking at 125+ with 3.55 rears.... still smiling.

I've been running a RTO 6610 for a long time now and looking for more top end!

do they have duramaxes in them? and are they 3rd gen ones 03-09?

Yes they are. Passenger drop cases.

I am in the same situation, I got the 13 speed tranny and can't seem to locate
the right engine adapter. I think I know where one is but its a 400 mile round trip
to check. Don't know his name or phone number BUT, I know where he lives :)

I'm going to run a RTOO 12513, looking at 125+ with 3.55 rears.... still smiling.

I've been running a RTO 6610 for a long time now and looking for more top end!

Dibs on the 6610

Yes they are. Passenger drop cases.
Is it still a np273 case in them? Never seen one with a married case in it but if its the real deal I might need to find one for someone that would want one.

Appeared to be, the pair we had are gone now. I have another on the lot that has the divorced case though. The married cases may have been some aftermarket conversion, I didnt look that close.