5K governor springs

SMOKIN93

I have a set of 5k Scheid springs in my pump, can I tighten them down too many clicks to where it actually hurts the power or is not good for it? I got a pull tomorrow and was thinking about goin another 2-3 clicks tighter, last time I went about 4-5 and it made a big difference cause when we put the pump on we had them set real loose to get it to idle but now I don't care about if it idles or not.

Just go one at a time and you will know when you've gone as far as you can go. I always run mine at the last available hard click or on the -ragged edge-. I do it for available rpm in my case of not having a OD, but it fuels a bit nicer with 1-2 out of it. On those springs I think I remember it being around 7-8 firm clicks, you will know when you've gone 1 to many; it will do some funky stuff with ya when you crank it and just blip the throttle...... Ryan

Hey thanks a lot for the help, I went 2 more clicks and it seemed to help, I should be at about 7 now, gonna go one more before the next pull.