5kgsk ?

That is somewhat correct. A rack plug in general just plugs the hole in the pump, I believe the hole is used for installation purposes. If you have a plate and AFC setup that will allow sufficient travel, the rack will contact the stock plug and not get maximum travel. A 2095 plug is deeper than stock and allows the rack to travel full 21mm, netting the maximum duration capable of the pump in its current configuration.

So basically yes a 2095 plug will allow the rack to travel farther and net more fuel, if the rest of the pump is setup to allow it.

rackplug.jpg

WOT-Rack.jpg

I recommend starting a little milder than going straight for 800hp, learn about the engines before you swing for the fence. Just make sure to buy parts that will be useful to your overall build goals and don't waste money on things that won't. The community here can be very helpful.

I know that i dont have to for the power I want, I know that I can easly get that from a 12v head. The 12v head I have right know is cracked so bive it a try, its also to be different because alot of people around me say that it cant be done. They said I couldnt put a a diesel engine out of a piece of construction equiment into an over the truck, and a did and use it as my daily driver. I know that it will be a lot more $ and its probably not gone to happen.
I guess I dont have any real reason other than want.

That is somewhat correct. A rack plug in general just plugs the hole in the pump, I believe the hole is used for installation purposes. If you have a plate and AFC setup that will allow sufficient travel, the rack will contact the stock plug and not get maximum travel. A 2095 plug is deeper than stock and allows the rack to travel full 21mm, netting the maximum duration capable of the pump in its current configuration.

So basically yes a 2095 plug will allow the rack to travel farther and net more fuel, if the rest of the pump is setup to allow it.

rackplug.jpg

WOT-Rack.jpg

I recommend starting a little milder than going straight for 800hp, learn about the engines before you swing for the fence. Just make sure to buy parts that will be useful to your overall build goals and don't waste money on things that won't. The community here can be very helpful.

I got an engine with a cracked head for pretty cheap so I figure while i have it on a stand to rebuild it. Do you mean stuff like a gridle and fluid balancer, clutch etc.

I know that i dont have to for the power I want, I know that I can easly get that from a 12v head. The 12v head I have right know is cracked so bive it a try, its also to be different because alot of people around me say that it cant be done. They said I couldnt put a a diesel engine out of a piece of construction equiment into an over the truck, and a did and use it as my daily driver. I know that it will be a lot more $ and its probably not gone to happen.
I guess I dont have any real reason other than want.

That's cool. I was just curious...

Guy's spinning the rpms that high is fine but are you still making power in that RPM range? I have been thinking about going to a 4k set but I often wonder just how much more power the engine makes in the higher rpm's?? Anyone with 5k's have a dyno sheet??

more rpm = more mph

5gsk are only needed for competition, in sled pulling you want all the speed you can get.

Just as a bit of advise for those that install a CDS 5k in a 160 pump, you will need a couple extra pair of idle shims. The one i just set up was in a never touched pump, and there was no .020" idle shims in the pump just the large ware shim under the whole pack. With any kind of adj. made it wouldnt idle in gear period, I got a pair of .020"s and installed them under the idle spring and noticed it was better but not good enough so in went another set on top of those for .040" and that got it, all's good. My 180 pump already came with a set of the .020's that went back in it and its fine but im now wondering if it to would work better with .040"....I think so. Its always had to idle a touch higher than I wanted it to, to be able to not die in gear. Thought i would share.
Ryan