5r100, 4r100 or allison behind 12v???

Why not build the 47rh and use pressure switches for the TC and overdrive. It seems pretty simple you just add the pressure switches to the test ports on the pass side of the tranny and tie them into the wires for the TC and OD. would save you about $2000 for the adapter plate and PCS. $.02

i could but its too much of a headache to put the pressure switches in and get the kick down cable adjusted. plus like i said before, my top speed is only about 75 mph. i'm over this tranny. i am going to put a built 4r100 in, tune it and be on my marry ol way.

i could but its too much of a headache to put the pressure switches in and get the kick down cable adjusted. plus like i said before, my top speed is only about 75 mph. i'm over this tranny. i am going to put a built 4r100 in, tune it and be on my marry ol way.

so how is going from a .69 od ratio for a 47rh to a .71 od ratio going to help you

I would not dare to think about running a 5R110 behind any cummins other than a stock one.

47rh or allison depending on your needs.

I'd use a 5 speed Allison with an Allison TCM and the OS from a bus/commercial vehicle. EFI-Live tunable! ;)

Can you go into more detail about this? What year model bus/commercial vehicle would need to be used? I'm wanting to throw in an Allison 5spd in my truck..

01quadcab- idk wtf is wrong but in 3rd gear it is at 40mph, i don't undertand?!? thats why i say my top speed is around 75mph. one thing that i was a bit pissed at when i got my trans built is that the trans shop told me they couldn't figure out the formulas for the clutches in the OD system i brought them cause it was tampered with supposedly . so they put a gas OD system in it and said take it easy with it.
WTF
all i want to do is to be able to get in my truck, start it and drive without switchin switches(like i have been)

roachie-i am going with a 4r100. i had one behind the 7.3l i had and it had a few suncoast parts in and it ran great. like i said to 01quadcab, i just want to be able to get in my truck and drive it without foolin with a kickdown cable or switches

what gears are you running, or did I just miss that? I totally understand wanting to just get in a drive, but sounds like you have an issue with your trans builder and not the trans. The properly built rh will handle anything you throw at it. Just thought you could save a lil money is all. What rpm are you running at 75? Seems to me like your not actually shifting into od and what size tire are you running? with 31" tire 3.55 gears at 3000 rpm your speed would be 77.96 in drive not od.

Can you go into more detail about this? What year model bus/commercial vehicle would need to be used? I'm wanting to throw in an Allison 5spd in my truck..

A 5spd TCM from any 01-04 allison in a chevy/gmc pickup will work. Wiring will be custom. You'll need a magnetic pulse sensor on the ring gear for rpm and a TPS. I have the OS to reflash the TCM to make it work. The OS is fully tunable with EFI-live and has all the parameters to work as a standalone transmission. An OS out of a duramax/allison combo will not work.

what gears are you running, or did I just miss that? I totally understand wanting to just get in a drive, but sounds like you have an issue with your trans builder and not the trans. The properly built rh will handle anything you throw at it. Just thought you could save a lil money is all. What rpm are you running at 75? Seems to me like your not actually shifting into od and what size tire are you running? with 31" tire 3.55 gears at 3000 rpm your speed would be 77.96 in drive not od.

sorry, i am running 3.73's with 31'' tires. i don't have a tach right now but i would say your right on the money. it goes into od i feel it go through all gears. trans builder could definetly be the issue here.

thanks,
Brad

sorry, i am running 3.73's with 31'' tires. i don't have a tach right now but i would say your right on the money. it goes into od i feel it go through all gears. trans builder could definetly be the issue here.

thanks,
Brad

well I would say taller tires would help you out or a gear swap and a 4k gov springs you will be happier. gearing is what seems to be hurting you

well I would say taller tires would help you out or a gear swap and a 4k gov springs you will be happier. gearing is what seems to be hurting you

truck is to low for taller tires. Gears would definitely solve the problem but i am not going to keep this tranny.

So your going to go with a 4r100 that will make your top speed even lower? The only way it's going to get better is if you use a 6 speed Allison( or comparable 6 speed). They have a .61 OD Ratio. 47RH is .69 4R100 is .71. Swapping to a 4r100 will make your problem worse.

well since i've had a 4r100 in the vehicle prior to this trans and it ran fine. i'm thinking that this trans was built wrong. the trans builder put a gas OD section in it because when i brought it to him he said there was pieces missing in the OD section and he could not figure out the clutch formula so, he just took an OD section out of a gas trans he had in the shop and installed it on mine:badidea:. so..........that could be an issue:soap:

adjusting the kickdown cable is set it and forget it. wiring a pcs and programing it is way more involved.. 2 minutes vs ??? hours.

for the money it would cost for pcs,adapter and flexplate you could build a pretty stout 47rh. plus with your tire size/lack of traction you dont need any billet parts

the pressure plate was missing from the o.d section. i found it in my shop..any good trans shop should have been able to get one for less than $30

Back