5x12s vs. 5x14s egt wise

cumminspwr11

i have 5x12s in my truck, everything is the same in current set up in my sig. im thinking about getting a batmo wheel for my charger and going to 5x14s, my egts are good right now and very controlable even when towing, the wheel claims to drop egts by about 200*

im wondering if anyone has any experience going between 5x12s and 5x14s and what egt difference they saw and if anyone has used the batmo wheel as well input would be great

What charger do you currently have? I see that you have a VGT planned according to your signature, what size is it and what are your future goals? I don't have any first hand experience with going from 5x12s to 5x14s but the 5x12s should be more than enough fuel for your setup unless if you are planning on something bigger down the road. My father's tow rig made 525 hp at the crank with a #5 plate in the middle and only 1025 EGT while towing, I'm planning on using 5x14s in a month for twins.

I don't think the batmowheel will drop your EGT by 200 degrees, that's an extremely optimistic claim. Here's a thread with someone claiming the 200 degree drop and 45 hp increase, then Chris from E.D. responds by posting a real graph. If you want to find more threads to research just copy and paste the following into a Google search: site:competitiondiesel.com Batmowheel

x2 on what size charger. you may not need to waste your money on injectors. if you need more fuel you could just step up on DV's.

i have 5x12s in my truck, everything is the same in current set up in my sig. im thinking about getting a batmo wheel for my charger and going to 5x14s, my egts are good right now and very controlable even when towing, the wheel claims to drop egts by about 200*

im wondering if anyone has any experience going between 5x12s and 5x14s and what egt difference they saw and if anyone has used the batmo wheel as well input would be great

Arent you from AZ also? If so i got a 64/71/14 in the classifieds.... Could be a nice local deal. Lol i ran it with 5x14s also.

-ViTO-

he351vgt (60/60/vgt) off a 08 6.7 cummins, i want to stud it and advance the timing some more before/if i get the batmo wheel, its been awhile since i have been able to drive it due to steering issues im working out but im currently running something like 800-900* pulling 7k+ at 80mph turning just around 2k, empty it stays cool as **** crusing and maybe 1300-1400 if i just hammer down, i might just hang a s400 under it within the the next year, just looking for some feed back on different set ups, my goal right now is like a 500sih hp daily driver/weekend warrior

If you plan on twins soon you should be alright with the 5x14. Might run a little warm, but if it will be a while I would stick with 5x12 on that size charger imo.

Meh, no sense in anything below 5x.014's. Just slide the plate back if it gets a little toasty. Gives room for expansion. My .02$

i would have to find my plate first, lol i have a few in the garage somewhere but thats a good idea

would 5x.014's be too toasy on my setup, even if I slide the plate back?

95 3500 DRW:
-Banks #7 plate, twin ram, S&B intake, WH1C turbo, 4" straight exhaust, Colt big stick stage 3 cam, studs, 17* timing, Mack plug, 60lb springs, 4k GSK.

I plan on adding an S400 under my WH1C, but not 100% when I'll be doing that yet.

But I need new injectors now, and dont want to buy one set, then have/or want to step up bigger later.