5x18 ddp or sdx

bad 2.6 puller

needing your opinion on sdx or ddp. I currently have 5x18s in my truck now which are ddps and considering going to sdxs. Motor is fully built. Fly cut marine pistons. Big cam and 13 mm pump. What do you guys think?? Thanks

contact weston then contact ddp and see what sales pitch you like better.

dont leave out people like schied.. weston is the only one that build per application. the best way is to test them and use what works best for YOU... just use the same dyno.. i have seen as much a 80hp difference in the same basic "sized" injector.. and get yourself some pin guages

Wanting to know the same thing.
Bad 2.6 puller if you want to sell, shot me a pm.

What about the tips.
E.D.M is it worth it or ? I know DDP does that but what about SDX.

Yes, I believe SDX does also. Weston or Chris will be the ones to give a definitive answer.

Yes, I believe SDX does also. Weston or Chris will be the ones to give a definitive answer.

Yea Westons injectors are EDM'd. A lot of people have good luck with SDX but like others have said those are not the only 2 companies that build injectors. Ive had very good luck with Scheid on 12 valve injectors.

needing your opinion on sdx or ddp. I currently have 5x18s in my truck now which are ddps and considering going to sdxs. Motor is fully built. Fly cut marine pistons. Big cam and 13 mm pump. What do you guys think?? Thanks

I've read what you have, now here is what I would ask;

Cam duration numbers? What charger? How many cc's? What RPM range? And what static timing?

cam is 200/220 550cc s480 4200rpm 32 timing i am just wondering about the spray pattern becouse of my pistions thanks

Go to 34° and get a 5x0.020" with a 145° cone angle. You could also go with a wider cone angle, it is your choice.

Last edited:
ok thank u and is there any way to check the spray angle ddp say they are not to sure they can bc they said it is stamped on them n sometimes it wears off is that true n matt gay duck stop stalking me

I think the best part of you ran down the crack of your mommas ass.

ok thank u and is there any way to check the spray angle ddp say they are not to sure they can bc they said it is stamped on them n sometimes it wears off is that true

No, it's not true. The angle is stamped on the nozzle, but it only "wears" off on the lathe with sand paper, like many people do to hide what nozzle they are actually using. DDP uses DLLA 155 P570 which is a 370 Marine nozzle being 155* cone angle.

What about the tips.
E.D.M is it worth it or ? I know DDP does that but what about SDX.

EDM is the machining process, and most nozzles are EDM'ed. I like my SDXs better than the DDPs I had before. Same size.

Last edited:
After my last set of DDP's I will never own a set again, nor do business with them. So many better options with SDX being at the top of the list.

Back