6.0 bulletproof upgrades

WHen you delete the EGR on these, do you need to have a programmer to delete it out of the ECM too?

They aren't cheap in my area, last time I looked on autotrader 06/07 4wd 250's with under 100k was around the 24k range. And to me, thats why to high if the motor is stock. I will say the interior of the Fords is alot nicer than dodge.

Where in TN are you at?

This is not meant to be disrespectful, but why would anyone buy a used 6.0 knowing they are going to have to throw $$ at the engine to keep it running?

Because Ford trucks themselves are more comfortable and nicer to drive than a Dodge that you HAVE to build $4500 trans for at 450hp.

Everyone always talks smack but the fords only need 1 mod to make them reliable.
attachment.php

LMAO Engines so bad even ford had to sue the manufacturer over.

Because Ford trucks themselves are more comfortable and nicer to drive than a Dodge that you HAVE to build $4500 trans for at 450hp.

Someone got butt fcked on that deal.

Reman converter from Phil-800 bucks, shift kit 120, plus 200 for the billet servos, strut and anchor. Thats a far cry from 4500 and will hold 400-450 all day

Now back to power strokes being dirt cheap. :)

Take off the egr cooler
And shove freeze plugs in both ends, egr cooler delete.....$1.50
Pull out the egr valve, clean with brake fluid and weld it closed.....egr deleted.....$2.00
Buy a coolant filter......150.00
Reroute ccv with hose and grommet plug......$4.00
Change oil and add Rev-x (no I am not a dealer anymore but still use it), every 7500 miles.

Tune it with an sct and enjoy the chit out of it for a very looooooong time.

Mines been that way for 140,000 miles purs like a kitten.

Helps prevent the oil cooler from clogging, so yep I would consider doing one right before you replace the oil cooler and delete the egr. If not done so already.

I've done everything except a coolant filter I didnt think they were worth it but I'm gonna look into doing it now thanks bad moose

They are definitely worth it. I'll post pics of my filter tonight.

Someone got butt fcked on that deal.

Reman converter from Phil-800 bucks, shift kit 120, plus 200 for the billet servos, strut and anchor. Thats a far cry from 4500 and will hold 400-450 all day

Now back to power strokes being dirt cheap. :)

Great converter I'm sure, I love the sound of a reved out, single disk tc going nowhere. May as well spend a few hundred more on a suncoast valve body with a shift kit, band strut, servo and anchor. No input shaft for boosted launches? What about a power pac of red altos or koleen steels. Sounds to me like your transmission will butt fck whoever thinks its reliable.