6.0 "hiccup"...help?

ALLMTR5.0

Disturb The Peace
My truck has had a few "hiccups" while driving this week, I`ll try to explain as best as I can.
2 of the three times it has happened I was pulling away from a traffic light, The truck has no power(almost feels like it is running out of fuel), the engine sound changes(gets quiet), and a big cloud of grey smoke comes out of the exhaust. this lasts for about 3 or 4 seconds then goes back to normal. the other time it happened I was merging on the the highway.
Any ideas what the problem is? I check the degas bottle often & the level has never changed, no warning lights or other signs of a problem?
Thanks,
Harry

ALLMTR5.0 said:
My truck has had a few "hiccups" while driving this week, I`ll try to explain as best as I can.
2 of the three times it has happened I was pulling away from a traffic light, The truck has no power(almost feels like it is running out of fuel), the engine sound changes(gets quiet), and a big cloud of grey smoke comes out of the exhaust. this lasts for about 3 or 4 seconds then goes back to normal. the other time it happened I was merging on the the highway.
Any ideas what the problem is? I check the degas bottle often & the level has never changed, no warning lights or other signs of a problem?
Thanks,
Harry

check your egr valve.

dj.