6.0 Ltr Blues

schaef_12

Diesel Junkie
Hey Guys, dont know if this is a post that will get much attention. I have a 03
ford super w/6.0 v-8. I have done all that I wanted to do to my rig in that we installed 4" exaust from turbo back,oversized turbo, cold air intake by "Airaid", and finished it off by installing a "BullyDog" downloader. Then after many rubber burning experiances I came across a couple of forums and then capped off by a couple of "youtube" vids produced by seasoned old Ford crownies on what a disaster the Ford 6.0 is in that they did not filter the end of the pick-up tube from the oil pump in that model due to the double filtering the filters put the oil threw. This leaves the weak point being the fact these engines have a tendancy to over heat. With any over heat issue left unresolved results in head gasket failer and coolant running into the crankcase and running threw the mains and rod bearings let alone any particulates that may be in the stream as it is pumped threw everything. Has anyone ran into this? I am alittle aprehensive to drive this thing anymore, and the dealerships are telling me that these rigs are not something they want to see roll onto the lots because they are not able to offer any reasonable price for them due to this issue. Bummer from Idaho.:doh:

Ford 6.0 Ltr V-8 Blues

Hey Guys, dont know if this is a post that will get much attention. I have a 03
ford super w/6.0 v-8. I have done all that I wanted to do to my rig in that we installed 4" exaust from turbo back,oversized turbo, cold air intake by "Airaid", and finished it off by installing a "BullyDog" downloader. Then after many rubber burning experiances I came across a couple of forums and then capped off by a couple of "youtube" vids produced by seasoned old Ford crownies on what a disaster the Ford 6.0 is in that they did not filter the end of the pick-up tube from the oil pump in that model due to the double filtering the filters put the oil threw. This leaves the weak point being the fact these engines have a tendancy to over heat. With any over heat issue left unresolved results in head gasket failer and coolant running into the crankcase and running threw the mains and rod bearings let alone any particulates that may be in the stream as it is pumped threw everything. Has anyone ran into this? I am alittle aprehensive to drive this thing anymore, and the dealerships are telling me that these rigs are not something they want to see roll onto the lots because they are not able to offer any reasonable price for them due to this issue. Bummer from Idaho.:doh:

You might have more luck if you posted this in the right spot. As far as your 6.0 goes theres plenty of parts out there to fix its shortcomings including cummins swaps