6.0 no hot start. IPR or HPOP or something else?

chids14

The truck is a 2003 6.0 with 130,000 miles and serviced regularly. There are no other known problems with the truck. It starts just fine in mornings even when below freezing. Not once have I experienced a rough start/lug. I am about to put some RevX in to help protect the injectors a little more. I just did FCDP EGR delete a few months back.

The PROBLEM: I took a 60 minute drive to the near by sand dunes and pulled an open bed trailer. When I returned home to unload the bikes, I shut the truck off... and 15 minutes later when getting ready to leave-the truck would crank but wanted no business turning over. After about 30 more minutes of me $hittin bricks it finally turned over after a long hard crank. Once it turned, the truck ran like a champ. No lugging, no rough idling, no white/black smoke. It ran like she was built to.

Buddies in town have said it could be o-rings, IPR valve, or the High/Low pressure oil pumps. Many have leaned towards the IPR since it is a 2003. Does this sound right? What do you guys think my odds are as to what my problem is.

How do you know if the IRP is going bad? Mine starts and shuts off in the mornings about 3 times before it stays running. Then it starts the rest of the day OK. I check the FICM and it's got a new HFCM and new filters (ford filters)

put a scan tool on it and see what is going on

you need a good scan tool, like a IDS, the run of the mill scanners are not gonna show you what you need to know.

My truck would crank for a long time if it was still hot, after a month or so i noticed it was leaking oil from thr ipr so i changed it out and the problem was gone.

K-thanks Adam. I'm hoping to get it hooked up this weekend and get it figured out. Just not too excited to see how much more money I'll be set back lol.