6.0 or 7.3 radiator, which works best on conversions?

supraman95

I have an 04 Excursion and was looking at how the expansion tank from a 7.3 and the extra outlet on the bottom of the 7.3 radiator would be helpful. Does a 7.3 radiator bolt right in dimensions wise?

In other words is a 7.3 radiator better or just stick with the 6.0 one?

I wondered the same thing but in reference to a V 10 radiator. My new conversion is a 2006 V10 and the radiator appears to only be half as thick as a 6.0 radiator. I have used a 7.3l radiator and fan shroud in the 99-02 trucks 2 times for 12v conversions, keeping the factory 12v dodge fan, with no problems.

I have the same issue with the V 10 radiator and plan to weld a bung for the expansion tank in the lower radiator piping when I build it. I usually make the lower pipe out of exhaust pipe mandrel u bends cut to fit. i have seen several folks have an aluminum expansion tank that mounts near the passenger side of the radiator and replaces the ford factory degas bottle, but i have no experience with that style. may have to give that a try, but it will still require a bung welded in the lower rad hose.

i think the only thing besides the radiator itsself that needs changed are the brackets that mount the top of the radiator.

7.3 and V10 are the same and the 7.3 I like better with the tank as you can use factory hoses.