6.0 performance

collegeboy07

well just bought a 6.0 that happens to still be under warranty. I think the head gaskets are already blown due to the predator tuner that is being run on it. Been reading up on the SCT. Where is the best place to get the SCT and the custom tunes and how much will it cost? Also, already have the intake but need exhaust, so what do you guys suggest as far as brand and size?

I got my sct of ebay, brand new for 600. But it just depends people sometimes put up good deals on here that is for sure.

Check out Innovative Diesel.... Eric will set you up with a custom tuned SCT X3 for your truck for a little over $500 IIRC. Eric is great to deal with and he may even be able to make you a package deal with the tuner and exhaust.

-French

I got mine frome eric at innovative diesel for 429 that came with 3 tunes. Best tuner for the 6.0 hands down.

Innovative also has a custom tune that makes the Garrett upgrade turbo work good. If you are in the west you could check with Brown's Diesel cause they are a distributor for Innovative plus know everything about the 6.0.

Just because the truck was equipped with a Predator tuner doesn't mean the head gaskets went. I drove my last 2004 6.0 from 185,000 to 225,000 before selling it. The whole time I ran an SCT X3 from Innovative on the Xtreme Race file daily. I even hit the drag strip a couple times and the stock head bolts and gaskets held up just fine. Eric at Innovative is one of the top guys to tune a 6.0l and thats what I run in my new truck (2006 6.0l). $600 is a rip off! I purchased my X3 brand new from Innovative for $508 with 3 CUSTOM tunes, they are $429 with the strategy canned tunes. A custom tuned SCT is the only thing I've ever heard recommended for a 6.0. If I was you I'd look into doing exhaust, gauges, ARP head studs, EGR delete, custom tuned SCT. The stock Donaldson air filter is perfect for stock to mild trucks. I had a 5" straight pipe exhaust on my 04 and absolutely loved the deep throaty sound and whistle I got compared to a 4" kit, but its all in what you perfer. Hope this info helps!

Pipe is pipe. 4" is best.

Does the truck puke coolant?

yes the truck was puking coolant and it did end up being head gaskets but that is already fixed. i think the egr valve is starting to cause me some trouble now but might as well get it fixed under warranty also. the truck already has an AFE cold air intake on it but everything else is stock besides programmer. I think I am going to try and save up and get the SCT over the summer. As for exhaust I do believe that the straight pipe will be the cheapest to go with for now but I may end up doing the 4" later. Does the SCT change tranny at all?

YES! That is why the SCT is so highly reccomended... The way a stock trans shifts with and without a tune is absolutly night and day! Even when I tow, I put in a trans only tune with my SCT.

innovative diesel ftw and get it straight from them. dont buy it through someone else. that way you get your tunes sent straight to you and you will always have them.

Eric @ innovative IS THE MAN!!!! On the exhaust I have been told by customers that
there may be some clearance issues with the 5" exhaust . I recommend 4".

I love my 5" exhaust. No problem with it fittin up and i can still carry the spare tire back there. And the tone of the 5in is the best IMO.

Eric's tune rock I am currently running the Extreme Street in my truck and it's a beast. I am also running MBRP's 4in Turbo Back Off Road exhaust with no muffler or cat and it can get a little loud.

Back