6.0 Powerstroke Van on 40" Nittos and 22" Rockstars

NCcummins

NADEAU
This van belongs to my friend Ricky who owns The Tire Station in Asheville, NC. He bought it as a stock 2wd and converted everything to a 4x4 out of a F350. It currently sits on 40" Nitto Mud Grapplers and 22" Rockstars. It's certainly different. I'm driving it while my car gets new gear sets as it won't be done until Nov. since I do not have the time to fix it. The van certainly turns heads and is a rare site in the neck of the woods.

Here is the van in front of my mom's house (it's taller than the first floor of her house):
van1.jpg

This is the van parked next to my girlfriends Honda Civic:
van2.jpg

In the process of the build:
193545_10150135476782536_247648857535_7063472_5540499_o.jpg

Sitting next to the Navigator on 40" Nittos as well (the Navigator is not Ricky's but was built buy his buddy at his shop):
van3.jpg

The van:
van4.jpg

Ricky's 2010 Dodge Dually with his boat:
rickdodge1.jpg

I figured some of you might enjoy the van.

-Chris

Is it just me or does it look like if you put too many people in the back it will pop a wheelie????

Or did I just give someone a good idea???

That is kinda cool. I would probably drive it.

Is it just me or does it look like if you put too many people in the back it will pop a wheelie????

Good idea

party wagon. get as many diesel sluts in there as possible!

You probably just gave Ricky a good (possibly bad) idea! :rockwoot:

It currently has two child seats in the first bench seat (out of the 5 it has in it). I would like to see him drop his 3 and 6 year old off at school in this (he's done it a few times). It doesn't have AMP steps yet therefore it's a leap to get out for someone like me who is 5'9".

It's fun to drive for sure. It makes me miss my Cummins on 37s. The question I hear most is if it is 4x4? and why? I just answer it's not mine and he wanted to build a diesel van.

I think 4wd vans are funny. When I think "off road" a van isn't the first vehicle that comes to mind.:lolly:

I think 4wd vans are funny. When I think "off road" a van isn't the first vehicle that comes to mind.:lolly:

That's exactly why it is awesome. This forum is built on that principle- Who would have thought diesel trucks would be doing what we do now.

No way in hell I'd drive that. I've driven one at work that sat slightly higher than a stock 2wd, and that was the worst driving vehicle I've ever driven. Any side breeze and it was all over the place. I80 got interesting a couple times, with the wind and semis flying by

I think it looks awesome. It being out of the ordinary is what makes it cool!