6.0 ps diesels, questions

paroxysym

i posted my questions in the duramax section concerning those... now i have powerstroke questions. i favor dodges, mostly cause my friends own them and i see how much abuse they can take and so on. i was cruising around this weekend and saw a new 06/07 psd, auto, 5" lift, 35s, 4 door, shortbox and fell in love. not in love with the price tag of $63k. but i liked the look, and it got me thinking. ive heard alot of bad things about the 6.0 so i figured id ask some questions and get answers from guys with experience...

- whats your mileage like with a 6.0?
- 5" lift and 35s, can it handle it?
- how much trouble would it cause do to an intake, 4" exhaust/muffler delete, 5" tip and small chip?
- any problems you could forsee with those mods?
- how do you like it?

any other info would be great, appreciate it guys!

- I get about 14mpg with a race file
-I run a 6" lift in the front and 4" in the rear with 36" swampers and it handles it great. much bigger tires and gears might become an issue
-as far as intake, exhaust, and a small chip go i don't forsee any problems as long as you install gauges and pay attention to how you drive (ex. pulling 15,000lb with a race file your going to have problems)
-after the chip, intake, and exhaust you would probably want to replace the headstuds with aftermarket ones before you take on any more serious mods.
-I absolutely love my truck. Headstuds are on top of the list for my future mods.

i have the 06 psd. im running 35s with an intake exhaust and a programmer. i usually get around 15 mpg in town and anywhere from 17 to 19 on the highway. get the ford you cant go wrong with it!