6.0 starter voodoo going on with my 12v

all cables and ends were replaced in april, along with battery, starter, and added grounds....wana paint my truck?

take a number...

Im about 4 weeks away from being caught up with whats sitting here and I have 4 guys waiting for paint jobs now.

Wow JPS

I have an '03 with a 6 liter I am starting the swap on in the next week here. It's even the same color!!! I'm going to be sending you a pm with a few questions on wiring and cruise and some stuff about your conversion as I'm running a zf6 too. Just need to get to 10 posts first.

My '03 F350 ZF6 is getting a 12V transplant in the next couple of weeks too. As soon as my engine builder gets done. I'm not going to run the adaptor everyone tells me I should, I've opted for the Ford/Cummins Conv. and I have many reasons. Biggest thing I was worried about was pulling the front end off the truck to lift 6.0 and replace 5.9. So much of the engine is under the cowl it looks like a bear to get to. I have opted to not use the post lift to remove cab, but gonna use a trackhoe to lift with since it has such precision movement and with the whole front end taken off, it should not be too bad. I can't imagine what's going on with your starter other than the fact that the rebuilt ones are junk. If you are not buying new at Ford or IH, it's probably junk reman with aluminum windings instead of copper like new. Just a thought. Steven.

Replaced the batterys with yellow tops optimums!!!! new starter soo far soo good!!!!

My '03 F350 ZF6 is getting a 12V transplant in the next couple of weeks too. As soon as my engine builder gets done. I'm not going to run the adaptor everyone tells me I should, I've opted for the Ford/Cummins Conv. and I have many reasons. Biggest thing I was worried about was pulling the front end off the truck to lift 6.0 and replace 5.9. So much of the engine is under the cowl it looks like a bear to get to. I have opted to not use the post lift to remove cab, but gonna use a trackhoe to lift with since it has such precision movement and with the whole front end taken off, it should not be too bad. I can't imagine what's going on with your starter other than the fact that the rebuilt ones are junk. If you are not buying new at Ford or IH, it's probably junk reman with aluminum windings instead of copper like new. Just a thought. Steven.

You can pull the 6.0 out without lifting the cab or anything crazy. just need to take turbo, up-pipes, and ficm off

Appreciate that info, getting kinda nervous about this already. Hope I have no problems. After my 4th 6.0 spit out a rod it's time for a healthy dose of Cummins Power. Having Shawn @ The Horsepower Shop build my 12v to somewhere around 450-500hp with a dual-disc clutch. Should be a reliable combo. Ready to enjoy this damn truck a little instead of looking at it in a Ford shop bay. Chassis only has 80k that I bought new and it's paid for. Sounds like a better deal than a new one. I can't build a 12v as cheap as Shawn can. Gonna run a S300 single charger, O-ringed heads, massaged heads with #110 valve springs for the bigger cam, and tweaked P-pump with 4GSK.

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread. Just wanted some insight from those who have made a good truck better! Steven.