6.0's with Stacks

SAK

I'm going fast mama.
Ok guys with stacks on ur trucks I have a question for ya.

HOW LOUD IS IT IN THE CAB????

I drive on the highway 80% of the time and dont want it to be too loud in the truck. I currently have the truck straight piped and at WOT is loud but cruising I can barley hear it over my tires. How much louder is it???

Can you speak up I can't hear you over the stacks :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

I love my stacks!!! I have a very similar truck to yours (05 cc shortbed powerstroke) and I really do not have any problems with noise as long as the windows are up, if there down for any length of time you will certainly have a major headache and ringing ears lol. But w/ the windows up at wot you can certainly hear it but it wont rattle your brains, (although I cant speak for anyone else outside the cab) I cant get enough of the sound the 6L makes. It is even fairly quiet in the back seat according to any passengers that I may have, none have complained it is too loud yet. Hope this helps. I love seein 6L's w/ stacks!!!

seams like there are some mixed opinions on this. Maybe I just need to rid with someone and my my own????

Can't somebody make a video inside the truck. Make a common reference point, such as the radio on a certain level and then just kick on it.

heinzboy said:
its alot louder inside than what the video shows.

Exactly. I had seen a lot of vids with trucks that were straight piped, but inthe video's it sounded like my truck did when I just had the MBRP muffler on it. Now that it's straight piped it hella loud :rockwoot:

Yeah it is louder then it is in that video, on long trips with a window open it get real annoying after a wile, but that was a sacrifice i made with it. Windows up... not so bad. Its right around 2300 is were its the loudest

Just dont leave your back window open too much because the soot is HELL to get out of the carpet, seats, EVERYTHING...LOL

bcarriveau said:
Yeah it is louder then it is in that video, on long trips with a window open it get real annoying after a wile, but that was a sacrifice i made with it. Windows up... not so bad. Its right around 2300 is were its the loudest

I agree. BUT, that was also with stock size tires. Since I put the 22.5s on, it is like they are not even back there.

I tell you what. I have an 03, dual 5in stacks with rain caps and all I can hear is the turbo whistle. Even with the windows up. But that is something you have to deal with to make it sound so sweet.

i have 33s and at 80 its loud. the soot is bad after a rain just keep the windows up wile it all blows out. i wish ihade a 03 turbo. looking into the vgt ss turbo i hurd thats really loud.

Mine is loud inside the cab w/ windows up. If the windows are down I can't hear my music at a normal level. LOL I have a complete straight pipe from the turbo, but the 03 turbo is constantly turning heads from far distances off the highway, I LOVE IT!!

Ok so if I put the MBRP muffler back on it and put the stacks on it would be just loud at WOT but pretty quiet during cruising???? Anyone know where I could get some unchromed stacks????

Forrest Nearing said:
why would you run a muffler with stacks? kills the whole thing IMO

Cause its more of a looks thing, and when u drive 30k plus miles a year on the highway I dont want my head to hurt all the time.

its not too bad, its something you get used too. but not every one is the same if we were this world would be lame.... go for it and let us her it when your done. :)

Mine is loud inside the truck but I cant hear it over the 1200 watts of power.

I have a theory in life........If its too loud , your to old:rockwoot: