6.4 twin turbo setup on a 6.0

6.0stroker250

I was thinkin the other day if anyone out there has a 6.4 twin turbo setup on a 6.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and if they did how were the results???

I don't think anyone has done the swap, that I know of. But I don't think it would be a good swap. Drive pressure is through the roof on 6.4's due to the small exhaust housings. I would do what utlonghorn said and spend the money for a good twin setup.

my buddies 6.0 has truly proven setup that hes had for probably close to 50 or 60,000 miles including plowing with his truck for 10-11hrs and towing with it everyday. but its all stock other then intake/exhaust sct tuner with eric from innovative's extreme race tune and head studs and egr deleted. Its right around 450whp. it runs good and he's kicked that trucks arse since he bought it new back in 05 and its an 04.

bought mine with 170000 on it and i knew the guy who had it before me. no major problems. i have since run erics extreme race everyday,flooded the motor with washer fluid to the point where it wouldnt even turn over, and i am not easy on stuff. still runnin great!!!!!

If somebody wants to do the swap, send me pictures and I'll send you a free controller :) We can already control those chargers, but never have messed with them.

Brayden

If somebody wants to do the swap, send me pictures and I'll send you a free controller :) We can already control those chargers, but never have messed with them.

Brayden
what kinda of controller and what will it do?

He is talking about swapping the 6.4L turbo's onto a 6.0L.......you need to control them somehow, because they are VGT's.

But how do you controll them. So is It something that controlls the VGT actuator for the veins on when to open and close them? How are the turbo's controlled on the 6.4 trucks? The PCM probably does it right?

a place to mount them is gonna be the problem with the 6.4 turbos. We are going to run a similar setup to the 6.4 on the Ranger, but they will be front mount and we have room for them.