6.4 vs 6.7

I pull a 16k-18k head to head 6 horse trailer with 6.7 Cummins no problem. I took it from Delaware to Georgia last month with 6 draft horses on board and pulled it no porblem.

My buddy has the 6.7 Ford and he hates it. Been in the shop a bunch of times. The interior is way nicer than my Dodge though.

I own both, and stock for stock towing the 6.7L Cummins did a little better. The 6.4L tuned is an animal and tows well, but you can definitely tell the Cummins has big bottom end grunt.

I bought my 6.7 little over 2 yrs ago with 29k i have 195k on it now and have to put a new 68 in it next week. I tow between 15-20k everyday. 5th gear clutches fell apart but cvi on all other gears were still within spec. 6.7 always held it's own and pulled with little effort. My 01 when i used it for work was like others stated, took forever to get to speed but once there it never left. Had way more money in upgrades to the 01 to get to that point but the 6.7 only has deletes, intake and a black maxx that i leave on stock when towing. Never towed with a 6.4 but a friend of mine has one and they a pretty fast, much faster than my 6.7 stock

Back