6.7 CR Swap into a 1st Gen????

tatersalad

ok fellas, a buddy of mine and I were sitting down and thinking the other day about what all a guy would need to do the swap. i know obviously the engine, ECM, and wiring harness.....BUT where im confused at is if a guy was to tune it with EFI live would he still need a standalone to run the engine or not, ORR would it even be needed??? thanks tater :rockwoot:

Things may have changed in the last year and a half, but back then this kind of info wasn't being shared unless you knew the secret hand shake. Throw that electronic crap away and buy one of keatings cover/housing sets, drill an oil feed hole, and put a p-pump on it. A good 450-500cc pump with a set of Dons Mach 6's and twins would be a very sweet running setup. The 6.7 pulls harder on the bottom and runs cleaner than the 5.9.

well i think im gna be the first to go for it then, because i like electronics MOST days. and yes they do, 6.7's spool a 66 like a 5.9 spools a 62 ;) but ill look into the p-pump business too. can you PM me with a link of who your talking about on those parts??? id very much appreciate that. thanks tater

well i think im gna be the first to go for it then, because i like electronics MOST days. and yes they do, 6.7's spool a 66 like a 5.9 spools a 62 ;) but ill look into the p-pump business too. can you PM me with a link of who your talking about on those parts??? id very much appreciate that. thanks tater

Just call, give him a credit card number and say make me some horsepower.
http://keatingmachine.com/

lol i bet he'd like that.....but budget doesnt quite allow that ha. ill try to keep it to a minimum..

Gonna molest your "baby", huh?

Personally, I'd keep it in one piece, and rape another. LOL

The 6.7 can be run with just the factory ecm without problem.

Factory ECM and EFI live is very easy to make work.

Tobin

ya thats kinda what im gettin told. also i know if i wanted a more factory look, a fella told me DESTROKED will build me a custom wiring harness for $485 to use in the setup.

ya thats kinda what im gettin told. also i know if i wanted a more factory look, a fella told me DESTROKED will build me a custom wiring harness for $485 to use in the setup.

Just use the stock engine harness.

Tobin

i think thats what im gna do, just delete the EGR/DPF obviously. and have it tuned. be about 450 or so to the weheels, get a different clutch, and then start bumping the power from there. guy doin the swap said itd take him 5-6 days to pull my motor out and then swap the 6.7 back in with the wiring harness and the ECM.

i think thats what im gna do, just delete the EGR/DPF obviously. and have it tuned. be about 450 or so to the weheels, get a different clutch, and then start bumping the power from there. guy doin the swap said itd take him 5-6 days to pull my motor out and then swap the 6.7 back in with the wiring harness and the ECM.

It's extremely easy. I have all the wiring information that I put together for my swap if you need it.

Tobin