6.7 crank in a 12v

gottacummins

Hey fellas i was just sittin around today and was thinkin that this would make a nice project for me! i did a search and got some info, I was just wondering if it is possable to put a 6.7 crank rods and pistons in a 12v block? if so i need to know where i can get parts, and what machine work might need to be done! let me know! thanks guys

The 6.7 has a larger bore than a 5.9. Custom pistons will be needed if the crank will fit.

I dont know if the 6.7 crank will physicaly fit. The 6.7 has powdered metal rods, they will need to be swapped if you want to make big power. I do know of a VP'd 6.7 running around.

it would basicly stroke the 5.9 that what im wanting to do any stroker kits out there for the 5.9?

How about a p-pumped 6.7? It might actually end up being cheaper considering all the machine work needed.... and you will have a 24v head.

Id be getting a 6.7, putting rods in it and P-Pumping it i think. makes more sense to me.

I'm just guessing it can and probably has already been done. Once all the emission stuff if figured out the 6.7 is probably going to some real streetable horsepower.

If theyve P-Pumped a powerstroke, duramax, and a 5.9 CR, they can sure as heck p pump a 6.7 ....

Stroker kits are around for the 5.9- ya just gotta know where to look......

Ag motors

What about the early 6.7 litre motors from tractors and trac-hoes? They literally were a stroked out 5.9 CR weren't they? Find a serial number and find someone with quickserve.

ya they are rear gear, i looked into that a little! how about a de stroked kit? any idea how to go about that?